ANC Bluetooth headphones for the office with low sound leakage
Apr 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

pedropica

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I know many people have asked a similar question before here in the forrum, but I was unable to find a satisfactory solution for my case. I would like to find headphone with ALL the following features:

- Bluetooth with mic: I want to take and make calls with the headphone.
 - Very low noise leakage: I would like to hear music at a reasonable volume, without disturbing the other guys in the office.
 - Active noise canceling: I would just like to wear the headphones without listening music and not hear the background noise of the office.
 - Good sound quality: I'm not an audiophile, but I do really enjoy good quality sound.
 - Comfortable: I will wear several hours every day.
 - Good call quality: I want people on the other side to hear me clearly.

My price limit is $500. I've been researching a little bit. For what I could find, the most obvious alternatives are the Sennheiser MM  series, but many have complaint about the low volume level they can achieve. The Parrot ZIK are another alternative, but apparently they leak a lot.

Any recommendations?

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:41 AM Post #3 of 10
Viralcow, thanks for the recommendation, but after reading several reviews, I see two problems with the UE9000. The first problem is that there are two many complains about the bad quality of the call. Second problem is that, as reported by the technical informaiton, the mic only works for IOS devices. It is weird, since after all, it is a Bluetooth device....

Apr 22, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Indeed, I did a lot of research and asking you guys in this forum is part of it. Regrettably, I couldn't find so far any heaphone with all the features I want.

What are you looking for from us? Reviews? That's about all this forum will be able to help you with is reviews and quoting what others have said. Generally we aren't going to be able to find anything on the internet that you haven't.

Apr 22, 2013 at 6:13 PM Post #9 of 10
thepiper92, I'm unable to find a model that is both, bluetooth and noise cancelling. Do you have a link for it?

I remember testing the wired ANC version at Best Buy and the sound quality was not good (although the reason of the bad quality sound might have not been the headphones but the audio signal itself). I remember they didn't leak that much sound and were very comfortable to wear.

Apr 24, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #10 of 10
Perhaps the NC Harman/Kardon isn't Bluetooth. With the BT version though, the isolation is already impressive. You'll need a loud environment to drown out the headphones. I think in that case, finding both features will be hard, at least in a decent headphone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back