Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jul 15, 2013 at 6:34 PM Post #1,021 of 3,813
will try my best! 
smile.gif

Jul 15, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #1,022 of 3,813
Coming from you that means it is going to look stunning!

Jul 16, 2013 at 1:53 AM Post #1,023 of 3,813
Quote:
My pleasure Boringer.

Your post had me thinking about the Cifte's as I have heard that are wonderful sounding, some of the best in fact.

I know I said I was done with tubes for a while but the Cifties piqued my interest so I thought I would have a casual look and low and behold a seller in France has a bunch of NOS/NIB mil-spec all from the same batch for sale and cheap so I thought what the heck!

Here is a link to them, great price for such good tubes, the only issue I can see is some staining on the boxes but I messages the seller and he assured me the tubes are first rate!

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=181171373581

That's interesting Ian.
It could be the same seller that I bought the Cifte, thus I drop them an email as well asking for the 3S4 Cifte.
EDIT : Just got reply from my seller, they don't have the 3S4 Cifte.

My package also got the stain on the boxes but all the tubes are well protected.
The following pictures were just taken since I believe you might be interested.

The box:

The tube:

Quote:
Just been chatting to Fredric who is selling these tubes and he tells me he has 3S4's as well and many others not shown so I have asked him for more details of what he has.. Also mentioned the Lorenz's!! Keep our collective fingers crossed, I would love to see everyone have a set of those!

Just had another message from Fredric, he has no Lorenz but is going to ask his contacts.. Watch this space!

Yeahhh... This is so exciting.
Let's hope we can hear the good news soon. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM Post #1,024 of 3,813
Quote:
your tube list by far exceeds any exspectation one could have had. i strongly propose to buy a second amp for tube burn in!!!!!!! 
smile.gif

I believe it came out of my own frustration since I don't have anything to play with.
I kept on going for tube hunting. 
Now... I am stuck with them... don't know what to do. 
blink.gif

Second amp... hmmm... that's an interesting idea... 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:12 AM Post #1,025 of 3,813
Quote:
i don't know where you are living but at least within europe it would be no problem (no customs) to send my grado to one of you for an expert review as i would be more than interested in another opinion about how they sound and suggestions how to further improve my headphone designs.

Thanks GG, and I wish one day I have a chance to listen to your awesome headphone.
But unfortunately, I live in a far east and I am by far not an audio expert. 
triportsad.gif

Quote:
if you need someone for counting, i herewith offer your my willingness to do that, just send me your tubes ..... 
smile.gif

My pleasure, GG... 
biggrin.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 7:26 AM Post #1,027 of 3,813
Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Mil-spec Tung-sols. In other types of tube they have an excellent reputation!

Boringer, That Cifte certainly looks the same. I know Fredric has two ebay stores That tube looks immaculate !

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #1,028 of 3,813
Quote:
Very much looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Mil-spec Tung-sols. In other types of tube they have an excellent reputation!

Boringer, That Cifte certainly looks the same. I know Fredric has two ebay stores That tube looks immaculate !

Yeah... Me too... Looking forward to your excellent thoughts on those new tubes, GG.

Ian, that explains then... He has two stores. 
rolleyes.gif

Yup... those tubes are in excellent condition... Immaculate indeed...!
I haven't had a chance to look for the other tubes... And the whole weeks are gone... 
blink.gif

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:20 PM Post #1,030 of 3,813
Excellent, made by AUDI too, so it must have 'Vorsprung durch Technik' built in.

Cheers,
Andy.

quote name="GermanGuy" url="/t/632518/analog-paper-2-discussion-and-appreciation-thread/1020#post_9621374"]available at your local pharmacy, this procuct perfectly cleans your ears from any dirt or previous listening sessions:

[/quote]

Jul 16, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #1,031 of 3,813
at the moment i am listening to the valvo red label df91 - tung-sol kenrad dl92 combo (vt combo) in comparison to the valvo red label df91 - philips dl92 combo (vp combo):

if you call the vp combo sweet and relaxing  sounding you could call the vt combo overwhelming clear and precisely sounding (but only to explain their different preferences to present the music as both combo's are great sounding).

here it starts to be a matter of taste, both sets are more than great, while the vp set stays to be my overall dream set independent of the music i listen to, the vt combo sometimes sounds superior (yes) depending on the music or your mood (but also sometimes inferior, mostly when listening to recordings where the information and feeling for space is based on the bass area and all the echoes and interferences).

if you want to more actively listen to the music, the vt set has an overwhelming clarity, detail and micro detail, your eyes start to look (directed by the ears) in a specific direction at a specific distance and exactly at this position is the instrument, the detail you can hear and imagine to or nearly see (nevertheless able to sound relaxing at the same time).

both combo's sound absolutely great, you can't call the vt combo bright as you can't call the vp combo dark, it is more the focus,  the vt set more looking at, resolving and analyzing the highs, while the vp set is more focussed on resolving and analyzing the bass for you.

it is more like two of the same kind but different priority.

how to say, with the vp combo the overall sound and great feeling for space, localisation, positioning and imaging  is built bottom up as a result of all the bass information, the echoes, the interferences.

with the vt combo, the same is built top down as result and sum of all the pinpoint clear and precisely presented details.

highly recommended!

as summary i can't think of any music existing where you would not be able to reach audio nirvana if owning both sets!!!!

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #1,032 of 3,813
I think these two combos are very similar to my experience with the Lorenz/Marconi Siemens/Sylvania. The LM is like your VP and the SS is like your VT!

I must admit with my first experience of American tubes being the Stock tubes I was less than impressed compared to the European tubes but the Mil-Spec Sylvania's and from what your recounting, the Mil-spec Tung-Sols the Mil-spec US tubes are very different animals and far superior to the stock US tubes.. At least in this type of tube!
I am fascinated to see the Mazda's which are coming soon.. Yes, I said Mazda, not Cifte! When i saw he had the Mazda I went for those, they will be exactly the same as the Cifte as they are made in the same factory to the same specs but I just like the Mazda script more!!

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #1,033 of 3,813
GG, your the tech guru round here! Would this meter work for testing the batteries used in the bias section?
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Digital-LCD-Multimeter-Voltmeter-OHM-Meter-AMP-Meter-Volt-Meter-Bright-Display-/380678810812?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item58a239acbc&_uhb=1

Jul 16, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,034 of 3,813
so now we only have to find an alternative for lorenz / valvo red label. the vp and vt combos are both so excellent that this time it was really difficult  for me to find a way to describe it. right now i am listening to 'camille saint-saens - famous organ works' with the vt combo, and this is a neverending line of wow!'s at the moment, the resolution and detail is amazing, never heard it that good!

Jul 16, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #1,035 of 3,813
ianmedium - only to test the batteries it would be ok and more than enough, but at least  i would buy something like this:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/LCD-Digital-Multimeter-Volt-Amp-Ohm-Hz-Temp-Tester-8Fuction-EXCEL-DT9208A-D0114-/130894998274?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e79f32b02

the multimeter you posted the link of is much to limited for general use because it can not meassure ac current!

i own this two:

the first is very basic like the one you posted

http://www.amazon.de/gp/aw/d/B00A39JOJ6/ref=mp_s_a_1_21?qid=1374008200&sr=8-21&pi=SL75

but nicely complemented by the second one:

http://www.conrad.de/ce/de/product/120285/VOLTCRAFT-VC-5070-Analog-Multimeter-CAT-III-500-V;jsessionid=2CB374EC53D78AD3FDE63FFDB75F56A9.ASTPCEN12

Users who are viewing this thread

Back