Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Dec 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM Post #2,821 of 3,813
HELP: before tomorow, End of the black friday promo I need to décide: JH's ROXANE or 1plus2 ! !

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #2,822 of 3,813
Must admit I am not a fan of JH due to the shoddy and arrogant way he treated people with the JH3A debacle. I have among memory and would never give that company my hard earned money no matter how good their product is!

Dec 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #2,823 of 3,813
Must admit I am not a fan of JH due to the shoddy and arrogant way he treated people with the JH3A debacle. I have among memory and would never give that company my hard earned money no matter how good their product is!

I was one of those people. That experience left a very sour taste, and despite their having given me very good service when I was a JH13/16 owner, they have lost my trust. I probably would not order from them again. If I were going for a pair of customs I would the UE reference and do the personalized tuning.

Dec 1, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #2,824 of 3,813
HELP: before tomorow, End of the black friday promo I need to décide: JH's ROXANE or 1plus2 ! !

So what did you decide??

I'm not sure in which thread to post this, but I will post here as I think the tu-05 is just as contributory. I have had a couple hours each evening this week/weekend to listen to the m8-tu05-th900 combo. My problem is I have been listening to the same to modern/alt rock albums over and over. I certainly enjoy the music, and each night I tell myself I'm going to get to this or that album, but it hasn't happened yet. I keep listening to the same 24 or so songs over and over amazed at the detail, texture, soundstage. And I'm currently still listening to these two albums as I type. The detail retrieval, musicality, and fantastic bass keeps presenting new nuances that I hear with each repetition. I'm sure I will move on soon, but a higher compliment to this trio I could not give. And my feet are tapping the whole time. I have even had the 'look over your shoulder' experience a few times. Just...wow.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #2,825 of 3,813

So what did you decide??

I'm not sure in which thread to post this, but I will post here as I think the tu-05 is just as contributory. I have had a couple hours each evening this week/weekend to listen to the m8-tu05-th900 combo. My problem is I have been listening to the same to modern/alt rock albums over and over. I certainly enjoy the music, and each night I tell myself I'm going to get to this or that album, but it hasn't happened yet. I keep listening to the same 24 or so songs over and over amazed at the detail, texture, soundstage. And I'm currently still listening to these two albums as I type. The detail retrieval, musicality, and fantastic bass keeps presenting new nuances that I hear with each repetition. I'm sure I will move on soon, but a higher compliment to this trio I could not give. And my feet are tapping the whole time. I have even had the 'look over your shoulder' experience a few times. Just...wow.

well... it's time to take advantage to the free Christmass LINN download to get one additional track per day.  This will make you a total of 50 at the end of the month :)

Re your  m8-tu05-th900 combo.  Do you feel like me that  M8-TH900 don't pair well AT ALL ?  But... have you experienced a good sound with the M8 with another headphone ? 

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:06 AM Post #2,826 of 3,813
Hey Woodcans,
Which records?

Dec 2, 2013 at 4:32 AM Post #2,827 of 3,813
  First FREE HD Download available on LINN.  Hurry, only on-line 24 hours...

@bmichels Thank you for the download link. Really appreciate it! Need more high quality source on my player.. So addictive to my ear :D

imo theorem and m8 are great amp, but it lack something that it can't offer from a2p amp, they lack of swing effect. If you listen to the echo sound or the longest "ting" sound of accoustic instrument a2p amp give longer effect. On the other hand if you want more details, clarity and better instruments separation "space gap" you might like theorem or m8 better.

Still love my ath esw11ltd and tur06 combo. the longer i use them the more i am afraid that i have made a mistake by ordering the Roxanne..

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #2,828 of 3,813
The new Philips Fidelio L2 are also very good and sound sublime with our amp, though they're not quite as portable as the Audio Technica cans.

bmichels has come up trumps with the Linn link, great stuff!  
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #2,829 of 3,813

@bmichels Thank you for the download link. Really appreciate it! Need more high quality source on my player.. So addictive to my ear :D

imo theorem and m8 are great amp, but it lack something that it can't offer from a2p amp, they lack of swing effect. If you listen to the echo sound or the longest "ting" sound of accoustic instrument a2p amp give longer effect. On the other hand if you want more details, clarity and better instruments separation "space gap" you might like theorem or m8 better.

Still love my ath esw11ltd and tur06 combo. the longer i use them the more i am afraid that i have made a mistake by ordering the Roxanne..

what is the "  ath esw11ltd " ?

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:38 AM Post #2,830 of 3,813
Smial & IAN, you should love today's free LINN download.

Plus it is available in various formats, from MP3, 16/44, 24/96 all the way up to 24/192, so we can use it to test t if we hear a difference depending on bits rate.

Dec 2, 2013 at 9:08 AM Post #2,831 of 3,813

well... it's time to take advantage to the free Christmass LINN download to get one additional track per day.  This will make you a total of 50 at the end of the month :)

Re your  m8-tu05-th900 combo.  Do you feel like me that  M8-TH900 don't pair well AT ALL ?  But... have you experienced a good sound with the M8 with another headphone ? 

The m8- th900 pairing is listenable, but not great. The m8/tu-05/th900 combo is heavenly. Probably the best headphone sound I have ever heard. 

The m8 drives the akg 3003's to perfection.

Hey Woodcans,
Which records?

Cage the Elephant - Cage the Elephant
Cage the Elephant - Thank You Happy Birthday

There is so much going on in their recordings I never heard before!!

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #2,832 of 3,813
what is the "  ath esw11ltd " ?

It is audio technica limited edition headphone from earsuit series. Imo best for vocal, jazz music.

Dec 2, 2013 at 5:48 PM Post #2,833 of 3,813
Finally, just before the end of JH's BlackFriday sale, I ordered the JH Roxane Custom IEM (carbon fibeer version ! )  
biggrin.gif
  Thanks for your advices.

now...

1 - I need to explain this to my wife ! 
rolleyes.gif

2 - I will need to find a capable audiologist in BELGIUM !

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:28 PM Post #2,834 of 3,813
Ah well, we choose what we choose but as myself and woodcans said with this companies terrible treatment of people with the JH3A they will never get my hard earned money!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back