Amps with balanced and single ended outputs
Oct 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

narrow bights

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for an amp with both balanced and single ended outs.  I have found only 2 options: Bryston BHA-1 and Red Wine Audio's "Cassabria."  However both units have drawbacks: according to reports the single ended out on the BHA-1 is really not great, and the Cassabria does not have balanced inputs (a lesser problem if both outputs are good, but given the cost of these things one would want to have balanced ins as well).  Can anyone suggest other and better options?  Failing that, can anyone suggest an affordable balanced amp that would work well with low impedance headphones?

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #2 of 7
Look at the Audio-gd amps

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3 of 7
Thanks, nigeljames. Right after posting I came across this related thread - http://www.head-fi.org/t/704170/cheap-balanced-amp - which also pointed to Audio-gd NFB-6 as a good option and was on my way to their website when you replied.  I'll look into these for sure, but still open to further suggestions... 

Oct 13, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #4 of 7
Whats your budget?

SS or tube?

Sep 2, 2015 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Schiit Mjolnir 2.  It's the total package. mine arrived 7 hours ago.  I'm loving it.  As an aside, would you know if a single ended input to the balanced amp is a system that is worth upgrading to a balanced cable for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back