Amp to make my Grados chill out?
Jan 28, 2002 at 4:08 PM Post #16 of 19
First I would agree with trying out some Sennheisers. But if you want to hang onto the Grados, the Total Airhead will help smooth them out some (but not enough for me, however. I also felt they were too painful because of their accentuated highs and got rid of mine). Luckily for you I've seen a few used TA for sale here lately.

Jan 28, 2002 at 8:52 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm thinking about a used Porta Corda actually, but we'll see.

Quote:

Originally posted by chadbang
First I would agree with trying out some Sennheisers. But if you want to hang onto the Grados, the Total Airhead will help smooth them out some (but not enough for me, however. I also felt they were too painful because of their accentuated highs and got rid of mine). Luckily for you I've seen a few used TA for sale here lately.

Jan 28, 2002 at 9:10 PM Post #18 of 19
I have found the need to use different phones for different types of music.The Grados do seem to sound best with better(more detailed)recordings and with some vocal recordings.I have found Senns to be more forgiving of some of my vinyl that is in less than perfect condition without a noticeble loss in detail.The Senns also sound very good on well recorded vocal performances.The Grado RS1 defies all former conceptions however.I have found it to be less harsh and just as detailed as any other phone I have listened to.My Grado Sr80 sound fine with my MG head OTL.It does in fact warm them a bit but not enough to satisfy you needs I think.I would try another phone.

Jan 28, 2002 at 10:48 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

re: HD545 vs HD570, the HD545 is much better. I have them both and the HD570s spend most of their time in the drawer.

Thanks for the feedback Scott. I've heard some of the newer (Bionetic) Sennheisers, and I don't like them. Its a shame then that we can't get those classic models brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back