Amp recommendations
Jan 28, 2005 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Halbyrd

Head-Fier
A few months ago, I followed the recommendations of several on this sub-forum, and bought a AV-710. Needless to say, I was blown away by the improvement in sound quality over my crap-ass Soundmax in-built sndcard.

As I grow accustomed to this setup, however, I've been noticing some bass attenuation on certain songs. It's nowhere near as bad as with my iPod, but I'd still like to fix it.

So now we come to the point of this thread: I'm looking for recommendations for a cheap, preferably portable amp to be used with my Senn HD-280's and the AV-710. Ideally, I'd like to spend $50 or less, though I can go a little higher if need be. Portability is probably my #2 priority(after SQ, of course), as I'd like to use the same amp at home and on the go. I've been leaning towards getting a CMoy, but I'm still a little shy of the soldering iron at this point.

So my question boils down to: what should I get, and where should I get it?

Jan 28, 2005 at 1:10 AM Post #2 of 3
www.z-audio.com

zmoy starts at $45 with various upgrades that add to the price

... ok it seems they aren't accepting orders now... so maybe you can find someone willing to build you a cmoy or someone willing to sell theirs

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:38 AM Post #3 of 3
That's cool, I'm still several months away from having the scratch to purchase anything serious anyway
280smile.gif
The website leads me to believe that he'll be back in business by then, so it's all good. Thanks for the linkage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back