amp recomendations with senn 600s
Apr 4, 2003 at 6:36 AM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by nm nix
will do
whats this rkv someone was speaking about
it looks nice

I don't understand why people write like this in a forum. Don't you possess basic communication skills? Do you know how to write a formal letter?

yo i m loking 4 amp cn u hlp me plz ok tel me wat 2 get plz k thx ok bye

Back in the Renaissance, being able to speak well could get you into the king's court or into bed. Sheesh, how things change.

- Chris, eloquent and ****ing proud of it

Apr 4, 2003 at 8:24 AM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

im looking for around a sub 300 dollar amp
i was considering an obh 11 or the xcan v2

do you have a link to the brocksieper?

earmax2_small.jpg

Here's a link. Unfortunately it's out of your price range.

I can also recommend the X-Can with the HD 600.

peacesign.gif

Apr 4, 2003 at 1:01 PM Post #18 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by minya
I don't understand why people write like this in a forum. Don't you possess basic communication skills? Do you know how to write a formal letter?

yo i m loking 4 amp cn u hlp me plz ok tel me wat 2 get plz k thx ok bye

Back in the Renaissance, being able to speak well could get you into the king's court or into bed. Sheesh, how things change.

- Chris, eloquent and ****ing proud of it

You say that me communicating just using words is wrong.
Why?
For me to write the response that im writing now takes me twice the time.
The period and the comma are simply in an awkward position for my hand.
so ill stick to my normal way of typing
im not abreviating in terms that you dont know and i find it much easier for me
besides all that i get sick of grammar in school i am in college and am a biotech major i have to do enough writing there
so why dont you step off and take your eloquence to your court

Apr 6, 2003 at 6:10 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

besides all that i get sick of grammar in school i am in college and am a biotech major i have to do enough writing there

Okiedokie: 600+mgotlnew+joestube=audioorgasm.

Hope that helps.

Apr 6, 2003 at 3:50 PM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

You say that me communicating just using words is wrong.
Why?

It's wrong because it takes longer to read, and is much harder for others to understand. So, a number of people who might have contributed an answer for you likely will pass your question by. You're asking them to take the time to decipher what you wrote, rather than taking the time to write it clearly yourself. If you're not willing to put in the effort to ask your question clearly, why should someone else put in an effort to answer it?

The above does not apply to someone who does not speak English natively. If someone who does not speak the language makes the effort to communicate an idea or question, then most of us will make the effort to cross that communication barrier.

Feel free to use the grammar, or lack of it, that's easiest for you. However, don't expect people to make the effort to answer you clearly if you're not willing to make the effort to ask your question clearly. We're every bit as lazy as you are.
rolleyes.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 7:40 PM Post #21 of 31
i am using clear words
and if you cannot understand these words and have to decipher them
then i do not know what to tell you
they are sentences but they just lack the lil dot
so instead of flaming me because i dont like to push .
if u have nothing good to say dont say anything at all

Apr 6, 2003 at 11:23 PM Post #23 of 31
A grumpy spleen to refuse punctuation...
biggrin.gif

peacesign.gif

Apr 6, 2003 at 11:59 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

i am using clear words
and if you cannot understand these words and have to decipher them
then i do not know what to tell you
they are sentences but they just lack the lil dot
so instead of flaming me because i dont like to push .
if u have nothing good to say dont say anything at all

I feel really sorry for whoever you have to write your "biotech" papers for. Further, I feel sorry for whatever schools you've gone to (and whatever college you currently go to). Obviously, there was very little teaching going on. If you're in college and can't take the time to post full sentences, punctuation and all, then you're too damn lazy. Especially if you're a biotech major. I hope you flunk out of college.

If English is not your main language, fine. I'm sure me and the rest of the board can understand. But it seems that you're a native English speaker that is unwilling to take the time to write coherent posts, and in my mind, you're an idiot.

Just my two cents worth...

Apr 7, 2003 at 10:51 AM Post #27 of 31
lol
so everyone that abrieviates laughing out loud is not posting coherently
or those little smilies arent exactly part of the english language either
my point is that im not submitting a paper to any teacher
and i know full and well how to punctuate quite nicely and i am a 4.0 student
so why dont you back off
because this topic helps no one im not going to change the way i type
i have a lot to do and frankly yes i am lazy to put the . there
jees i swear i come for help and get flamed
typical attitude towards newbs

edit: its amazing how many responses i got so quickly to flame me rather then to help

Apr 7, 2003 at 11:32 AM Post #28 of 31
Lay off guys - this isn't a typical messageboard. I'd say the level of 'grammar' is significantly higher, BUT it is still the internet. Each medium has it's customs, internet communication is quick and dirty - but about as concise and useful as it gets. You all knew what he was getting at, and I bet you've all done the same, albeit possibly in smaller doses.

As for common 'newbie' mistakes - I think some required reading (eg forced on signup) about things like the search function, etc is the only way we could really flame people about these mistakes. I would be strongly behind a program that would accomplish this, and I'm most others would be as well.

-dd3mon

Apr 7, 2003 at 3:44 PM Post #29 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon
Lay off guys - this isn't a typical messageboard. I'd say the level of 'grammar' is significantly higher, BUT it is still the internet. Each medium has it's customs, internet communication is quick and dirty - but about as concise and useful as it gets. You all knew what he was getting at, and I bet you've all done the same, albeit possibly in smaller doses.

As for common 'newbie' mistakes - I think some required reading (eg forced on signup) about things like the search function, etc is the only way we could really flame people about these mistakes. I would be strongly behind a program that would accomplish this, and I'm most others would be as well.

-dd3mon

thankyou
thats all im trying to say its the internet

Apr 7, 2003 at 4:54 PM Post #30 of 31
Quote:

Originally posted by dd3mon

-dd3mon

I agree that the level of "flaming" was greater than necessary. Even though nm nix's posts lack punctuation they are understandable.

Forums such as Head-Fi are, in general, gathering places for hobbists and enthusiasts. And as such are informal. Rigorous attention to grammar and syntax is not required (have you ever listened to yourself when speaking with a group of friends at a party?).

However, I disagree with the generalization that when the medium of communciation is the internet poor grammar and punctuation are justified. There is a difference between concise, or even informal, writing and laziness; I will admit to a good deal of the latter myself. It is true that there are customs peculiar to the internet. A good example are the emoticons used by many posters, including myself, on this forum. But those are short-hand, at least in my mind, for emotion and intent rather than subsitutions for proper syntax and grammar. I have seen many threads degenerate into the internets equivalent of fist-fighting simply because of someone's poor choice of words or phrasing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back