Amp Hook-up Questions
Jul 7, 2007 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

RogerB

100+ Head-Fier
Hello!

I just received my Senn's HD595's the other day, and, as good as they sound everyone seems to think they will sound better with an amp.

My question is concerning hook-up. I only listen on my home stereo system which includes a Sony ce 595 cd/sacd player ran through my Technics receiver. I never listen to portable sources so that's no an issue.

Di I hook the amp up to my receiver's headphone jack or do I go through the line out on my cd/sacd player????

I apologize for sounding totally ignorant but I'm new to this amp thing and really AM ignorant on the subject. Your patience and advice will be greatly appreciated.

Also, my Technics receiver powers my 595's easily so will an amp really help the sound ?????? I have a GO-Vibe amp which I just bought but haven't used yet. I would like to get a LDmkIII in a few months.

Thanks for helping a newbie out on this!

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #2 of 11
run the amp from your CD player's output.

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
run the amp from your CD player's output.

Thanks MrSlacker! Do you know if a GO-Vibe portable amp will work on a home rig like this???

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:44 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by RogerB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks MrSlacker! Do you know if a GO-Vibe portable amp will work on a home rig like this???

I have seen many people using their portable amps as their home amps... and I am actually one of them. Try it out and see how it sounds. If it sounds good, no point in getting something else.

Jul 7, 2007 at 5:48 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

I have seen many people using their portable amps as their home amps... and I am actually one of them. Try it out and see how it sounds. If it sounds good, no point in getting something else.

Thanks! One more quick question. I've got to go to Radio Shack to get some interconnect cable. What do you recommend??? There's only 1 input slot on the amp but the cd player has L & R output slots??

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #8 of 11
as epaludo said, you will need RCA to 1/8th cable. I do not really recommend getting it from the radio shack unless you are in a hurry

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:15 PM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by epaludo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This cable will do the job for you. You may wanna check for cheap solutions, just posted so you can see how it looks like ...

Thanks you SO much epaludo for your respnse and the picture! I now know exactly what I need.

Off to Radio Shack...........

Jul 7, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

as epaludo said, you will need RCA to 1/8th cable. I do not really recommend getting it from the radio shack unless you are in a hurry

Thanks MrSlacker! I will order a better quality one but need to get one at RS quickly so I can listen to the amp this weekend.

Thanks a million guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back