AMP for Signature Pros?
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Appl314

New Head-Fier
Hey there folks! The title says it all!

I have been looking around for a week or so for a good set of headphones to use while studying at university... I landed on Ultrasone's Signature Pros. Anyways, I was searching around to figure out what sort of amp would be good for them, but it doesnt really seem like there is a whole lot of information on it. I don't really know too much about amps so I'm not sure what one to buy.
1. I understand that the sig pros won't have the best sound in the world, but would getting a high end amp show many pitfalls in the headphones?
2. Will any and all amps increase the SQ or would the less expensive models be - for lack of a better word - useless?
3. What would be a portable amp that would give the best sound/quality ratio in terms of the sig pros/overall?

Thanks for your responses in advance, this is my first post on the website; it seems like a pretty awesome place, I have always loved good sounding headphones and am hoping to gain a better appreciation for music through them!

Sep 14, 2012 at 5:13 PM Post #6 of 21
what are you using as a source?

Sep 19, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #13 of 21
OK! The headphones came in and they sound like dirt connected to my iphone compared to on my soundcard... can anyone else provide insight in to the correct amp for me to get? 

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #14 of 21
ttvj slim matches well with the sigpro because i find the sigpro somewhat bright and harsh on some poorly recorded songs for my taste

although you can just buy a cowon and set the eq preset to bbe viva and be glad with it =)

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:
ttvj slim matches well with the sigpro because i find the sigpro somewhat bright and harsh on some poorly recorded songs for my taste

although you can just buy a cowon and set the eq preset to bbe viva and be glad with it =)

Hey man, thanks for the response!
In terms of Cowon, what would be a good one to go with? I was looking around for a j3 but it doesnt seem that there are any new/used on the market anymore

Edit: And in terms of the slim. When you say its good because the phones are bright - does it help by mellowing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back