Amp for Sansa Clip+
Dec 6, 2009 at 7:30 PM Post #16 of 73
I have the regular clip and use it with a mini3. Although it doesn't require an amp, I think it sounds better with one. As for portability, it fits in the same size pocket as my cell phone. It's easy to slip it off the velcro for ultra portable again.
qnpbvm.jpg

Dec 7, 2009 at 3:49 PM Post #17 of 73
I pair it with FiiO E5 mostly because it isn't too much trouble. Otherwise, I agree the Clip+ is just fine alone. The FiiO adds a bit of punch to some music, but not across the board.

Dec 8, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #18 of 73
...and don't forget the FiiO E3. For only $6.25 it's worth a try. I use it attached with velcro stickers with the original Clip and KSC-75 and it sounds great, lots of fun. I've read some people say the bass sounds tighter than the E5, but I noticed it also suffers from some pretty noticeable hiss with my crappy Senn. CX300.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:26 AM Post #20 of 73
I'm trying it with my 2move which i use with my Ipod usually...

Dec 10, 2009 at 9:28 PM Post #21 of 73
This is how I used to clip my fiio e5 to my clip.

fraggler-albums-diy-cables-picture3853-mini-mini-clip-fiio.jpg

Put them opposite each other and clip the clips together. I had to do this because of the anemic bass of my old Shure E2C's. Ever since I got my Meeelectronics M6's, I haven't needed the e5 and agree with others that the itty bittyness of the clip and some iem's is money for the pocket or purse (or murse). If you are using headphones that need amplification, then like others said, I would get a rubber band or similar strap, put it on your amp, and then clip the clip to it.

Dec 18, 2009 at 11:29 AM Post #25 of 73
I removed the clip and its lock from Clip, making its back a flat surface. Then I sticked FIIO E5 by double-sided tape:

attachment.php

Dec 19, 2009 at 3:00 PM Post #26 of 73
hi everyone,

when u guys use the clip with an amp.. what volume and EQ settings do u use on the clip?

thanks

Dec 19, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 73
I maxed E5 volume and use Clip volume control. EQs depend on the headphone used, no EQ with good headphones.

Dec 19, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #29 of 73
Like many others, I just use the Clip with an E5. They're roughly the same size and I just use their respective clips to hold on to each other.

Dec 20, 2009 at 5:06 PM Post #30 of 73
Quote:

Originally Posted by kostalex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I maxed E5 volume and use Clip volume control. EQs depend on the headphone used, no EQ with good headphones.

is that (amp max volume, adjust headphone out volume on dap) the recommended way of volume control for dap+amp? or does it really depend on the specific dap+amp?

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back