Amp for KSC75 and AT A500
May 4, 2007 at 5:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

CAvanessia

100+ Head-Fier
Hey all,

Curse you all! I was told to buy the AT A500 and run like heck away from head-fi, but I came crawling back after a year or two.
280smile.gif

I purchased a pair of KSC75 and recabled them with mini star quad. They sound so much better! Now I want to buy an amp and an iPod for these two headphones. The A500 are for watching movies at home, and the KSC75 are for the bus and work.

I listen to mostly hip hop and r&b. Which amp should I get for under $60? I know the budget amps are

1) zero audiocraft (none on ebay currently)
2) pa2v2
3) altoids cmoy (plenty on ebay)
4) Go-vibe V5
5) little dot micro+

I've read the extensive review of some of these amps (the 19 amp review thread) and am still confused. I care mostly about tight bass and soundstage.

Please provide your opinions. Thanks!

Christine

May 5, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #2 of 8
May 5, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 8
i am sorry that i have nothing to add, but you are awesome for buying an ipod for your headphones, no the other way around.

maybe i do have something constructive to add: look up various mods for the ksc75. i modded mine and they sound a lot better... more upfront with treble sparkle. might be a bit too bright for some people. amping them didn't really do much (xin supermicro iv, out of your price range i think) but to each his own.

May 6, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 8
Yeah -- I've been listening to a crappy little creative 256mb mp3 player with FM tuner.

I have pseudo kramer-modded my KSC75's as I replaced the inner shield with chicken wire, but I did not cut my earpads. I noticed an immediate change, and it is wonderful. However, I don't think the creative is pumping enough juice into my koss to make them worthwhile. That's why I will buy an Ipod for my headphones =)

I actually found a not bad deal on an ibasso P1, which I really want. I need to do more research on the forums to see if that amp is good for the KSC75.

Any more opinions on the previous list of amps or the P1 would be appreciated.

May 6, 2007 at 5:42 AM Post #8 of 8
I am listening to albums ripped to Apple Lossless with a pa2v2 connected to my 5.5g 80gb iPod , interconnected with an ALO regular cryo dock. This setup is ridiculously good sounding to me, to the point where I think I'm going to sell my HD595s (unless they sound spectacular on the Hornet I have on the way
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back