Amp for IEMs
Oct 3, 2022 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

helloh3adfi

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm not sure what Amp/DAC I should buy for IEMs? I want to drive Aria Snow Edition and later some other mid-tier (up to 250 US$) IEMs. Aria seems to be on the brighter side, isn't it? Then a warmer sounding amp would do it. What would you recommend?

• warm and musical sounding amp
  • good soundstage and imaging
  • battery doesn't matter
  • <200 US$
  • only driving IEMs
  • mechanism to prevent turning IEMs too loud would be nice to have
  • (optional) crossfeed

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2022 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 8
what are you using them with (phone, laptop, etc.)?
how are you using them (on the go, using at home, etc.)?

Oct 3, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #5 of 8

Perhaps something like the Cabin RU6 (R2R, so warmer, they say and a little more at $250 new) or the Colorfly CDA M1(also described as organic and natural sounding).
Haven't heard the Cayin RU6 but hear it sounds great . I have the W2 and happy with sound quality.

Oct 5, 2022 at 7:31 PM Post #7 of 8
I have no input other than to say that I wouldn't recommend the Topping DX3 Pro+ for use with low impedance IEMs-- it'll go into protection mode with anything below 20ohms. Your Aria Snow should probably be okay, but if you ever plan to buy anything with lower impedance it might not work.

Google "Topping DX3 Pro+ audiosciencereview" for reference. Protection mode is mentioned near the end of the review.

Oct 7, 2022 at 4:49 PM Post #8 of 8
I have no input other than to say that I wouldn't recommend the Topping DX3 Pro+ for use with low impedance IEMs-- it'll go into protection mode with anything below 20ohms. Your Aria Snow should probably be okay, but if you ever plan to buy anything with lower impedance it might not work.

Google "Topping DX3 Pro+ audiosciencereview" for reference. Protection mode is mentioned near the end of the review.
Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back