Amp for Beyer 880?
Jun 11, 2003 at 7:06 PM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Solude
Anything less than ~$850 make the list?
wink.gif
Really can't justify spending more on my headphone amp than my speaker amp. Not yet anyway
rolleyes.gif

The Corda HA-2 is under $850.

Jun 13, 2003 at 1:51 PM Post #18 of 29
Bump Bump.

I also am keenly looking at the amp that will go between the Revo and the DT880's, although my price range would be more the 300 mark (corda ha-1). Does this amp significantly help? Or would it be a waste of money.

Jun 14, 2003 at 5:39 AM Post #20 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by adhoc
Nightfall,

so which one did you prefer?

i see 'astounding', 'exceptional' & 'astonishing', but no clear winner..

if you were forced to choose one production model, which one would it be?
evil_smiley.gif

Sorry about the understandable confusion. They were great (as was just about every headphone there) with the ASL Twinhead MkII, which is close to $2000.00 and remember, this was the "CES ringer Vesrion" that the production models dont seem to be able to equal.
If you can afford it, (and I believe Mikhail is still offering a great price to Head-Fi'ers) the SinglePower Supra would be my choice with the 880's. Huge and immense and stunning bass, excelletn soundstage and depth. Highly recommended.

JC

Jun 14, 2003 at 5:48 AM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by Solude
Anything less than ~$615 make the list?
wink.gif
Really can't justify spending more on my headphone amp than my speaker amp. Not yet anyway
rolleyes.gif

EDIT:Reduced sarcasm figure to include HA-2
biggrin.gif

The Supra's little brother, the MPX3 is available for $485.00 and is a steal for that price. It has almost all of the attributes of the nearly twice as expensive Supra and was also great with the 880's. It wont win any beauty contests, but the sound will. Read the link for Tuberollers exceptional review:

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=Supra

JC

Jun 15, 2003 at 1:41 PM Post #22 of 29
hello,

I would just like to know if anyone has been able to test the META42 against the HA-1 with the DT880's.

For me its finally come down to these two amps, since they give the best bang for buck which is what i'm currently looking for.

Cheers,
Ekwinix.

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering if the META42 will cause the sound to become unnaturally 'brighter' due to the brighter composition of the 880's.

Contrarily, while the HA-1 has a more balanced sound, people seem to say it has a "grainy" qualiity, but in a sense would this complement the DT880's more?

Any help or oppinions are wanted!!

Jun 16, 2003 at 11:29 AM Post #24 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by ekwinix
hello,

I would just like to know if anyone has been able to test the META42 against the HA-1 with the DT880's.

For me its finally come down to these two amps, since they give the best bang for buck which is what i'm currently looking for.

Cheers,
Ekwinix.

EDIT: Also, I'm wondering if the META42 will cause the sound to become unnaturally 'brighter' due to the brighter composition of the 880's.

Contrarily, while the HA-1 has a more balanced sound, people seem to say it has a "grainy" qualiity, but in a sense would this complement the DT880's more?

Any help or oppinions are wanted!!

I havent listened to either, but I have the Corda Blue, which is a modded HA-1. If that is your price range, then im sure the HA-1 will impress from the opinions i have heard/read.

I think the sound of the META42 is heavily reliant on the opamp, so changing that will change the tonal colour.

I am in sydney, so you are welcome to come and audition my Corda Blue if you want to buy the HA-1

becomethemould: I really really really like your DT880
biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 16, 2003 at 11:40 AM Post #25 of 29
I'm useing the DT 880's with a Rega Ear and 2 different cdp's while I wait for my Singlepower amp to get here. They sound alot better with this amp than I hoped for. One of the cdp I'm useing is the Modified CD25. Maybe you would be better off upgrading your CD25 and spending a little less on your amp to get the most out of your DT880's?

Jun 16, 2003 at 11:50 AM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by tom hankins
I'm useing the DT 880's with a Rega Ear and 2 different cdp's while I wait for my Singlepower amp to get here. They sound alot better with this amp than I hoped for. One of the cdp I'm useing is the Modified CD25. Maybe you would be better off upgrading your CD25 and spending a little less on your amp to get the most out of your DT880's?

My source is about to be upgraded similarly but thats a different time, a different forum
biggrin.gif

Jun 16, 2003 at 12:08 PM Post #27 of 29
hey kane, so when are you going to send them back? haha im dunno, im already thinking of getting k1000s hahaha i think i spend too much time on these boards, i should be studying!! my first test is tomorrow!

so you haven't had a little comparasion between the mg head and corda blue yet? surely there are concrete differences?

Jun 17, 2003 at 11:59 AM Post #28 of 29
btm, ill send it back when you tell me
wink.gif
, if you don't tell me, ill keep it
biggrin.gif
jk's.

Ill send it back anytime soon, im enjoying the DT880 too much
smily_headphones1.gif
, just give me the word, and ill pack it up.

Jun 17, 2003 at 12:20 PM Post #29 of 29
haha i guess there is a divided opinion on the dt880s, some say they are hd600s killers and some not.. maybe if the senns have the aftermarket cable they are more competitive? but that makes them pretty expensive right..

yeah im pretty eager on getting the stuff back! i just got my koss ksc-35s today, they are pretty good, irritates the ears after 1/2 hour though.. they sound more closer than the grados, but not as wide, also the bass, it's not as tight as the sonys.. ahh they are good value, but need a bit more hifi
biggrin.gif

kane, you're still avoiding the question!
smily_headphones1.gif
mg head vs corda blue!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back