Amp for 325i?
Oct 12, 2008 at 11:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

juswyq

100+ Head-Fier
Hey, i was wondering what type of amp would work for the 325i. Someone's selling it cheap second hand and i was wondering if either my Darkvoice 337 or ZERO would work well with it. Any recommendations? Tried to search but couldn't find anything relevant. Thanks in advance.

Oct 12, 2008 at 12:42 PM Post #2 of 5
i'm own a 325i using Zero Dac and Darkvoice 332 the difference between the Zero Amp and Darkvoice is subtle. Using the Darkvoice i find it the sound is less fatigue and more precise.I'm also interested to know if there are others amps out there that could drive the 325i to it's full potential because at the moment i don't think it could get much better.

Oct 12, 2008 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 5
I use my 325i's with a Decware Zen Head. Good synergy. The Zen Head has a non-fatiguing sonic signature and works well with the high enegy 325i's. As the Zen Head has a huge soundstage, it helps the 325i's to reach their full potential in this regard (Grado's aren't known for large soundstages). Zen Head + 325i's = Good sound.

Cheers!

Oct 12, 2008 at 3:03 PM Post #5 of 5
Well the Grados aren't a hard to drive headphone, so you wouldn't need an amp for power requirements. Not that an amp wouldn't yield significant improvement, especially if your current amp stage ain't good, but my feeling is that it'd be best to improve source first if there's area for improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back