Amp for $200 or less for B&O H6's
Jul 8, 2014 at 2:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jcslone

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone...

So I had the chance to demo the B&O H6's and H3's (not impressed at all by the H3's but that's a different story) as well at the B&W P7's and P3's. Long story short for home use I want to get the H6's and for gym/mobile use I'm gonna get the V-Moda XS.

My question to you all is this...my phone (no duh) has nowhere near the power to drive the H6's properly (LG Nexus 5). So what portable amp would you recommend to give them that extra juice? It needs to be no bigger than the average smartphone and have decent battery life.

For home use I'm considering the Schiit Magni to get me started off. Yea? Nay?

TIA!

Josh

Jul 12, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 5
I have the M&M stack and it is great. Way more power than you'll use with the v-moda. I would suggest the Fiio E12. The size is about the size of most phones and again, way more power than you'll use with the XS. Price is nice too. Like the features. Overall, a nice amp...

Jul 12, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #3 of 5
The M&M stack is definitely a good start for a home setup. I had the E12 for a little bit, and it definitely had the power I needed but wasn't my cup of tea. The ALO amps provide a lot of juice and are as portable as the E12. They do cost a bit more but the sound quality is definitely better.

Jul 12, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #4 of 5
I agree about the E12, I thought it sounded a little too analytical. I do really like ALO. I have the National and love that thing. I didn't recommend it as it was above the price threshold of the OP. But the Fiio was decently powered. Just not my taste.

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:16 PM Post #5 of 5
Other than the newer ALO amps, most of the older versions such as the National or RX can be found for around his asking price such as mine (sorry for the self-advertising
tongue.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back