Amp/Dac recommendation for beginner. $300 budget
Dec 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

chuckle490

100+ Head-Fier
I listen to primarily edm. I own the Ultrasone DJ 1and this will be my first non-portable set up and I'm a bit confused on what all it will need to consist of. I'm currently looking at the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1. Would that sound good for the type of music I listen to? sorry if I come across as sounding like a newbie but I'm very interested in branching out from portable audio to home audio. Thank you very much!

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #2 of 9
Quote:
I listen to primarily edm. I own the Ultrasone DJ 1and this will be my first non-portable set up and I'm a bit confused on what all it will need to consist of. I'm currently looking at the Maverick Audio TubeMagic D1. Would that sound good for the type of music I listen to? sorry if I come across as sounding like a newbie but I'm very interested in branching out from portable audio to home audio. Thank you very much!

What source(s) are you going to be plugging everything into?

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

The ODAC+O2 combo, is an excellent, neutral DAC and amplifier combination for ~$300. It has dedicated threads and its designer has posted detailed measurements of its performance. The pair is unbeatable for the price.

Dec 3, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

The ODAC+O2 combo, is an excellent, neutral DAC and amplifier combination for ~$300. It has dedicated threads and its designer has posted detailed measurements of its performance. The pair is unbeatable for the price.

I agree, but it would be good to know the source, so the DAC might not be required.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back