Amp/DAC questions
Oct 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Retrias

Headphoneus Supremus
So I just got beyer Dt5130 , obviously I want to try to get the best I can get with this headphones , so I am going to try and get both an external soundcard and an amp. So I have read here and there and watch videos. I was deciding on fiio e17 , but then I read the headfi buying guide. What is the actual difference in term of functionality and quality of the
1. Fiio e17
2. Fiio e10
3. Fiio e7
I want something that can be both and amp and a USB Dac for my PC , I am currently using an Ipod touch , But I would be getting a galaxy note 2 sometimes later , which one is the best for me?

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:06 PM Post #4 of 4
Headphone amplifier is included on E10, but you cannot use the ampifier separately like E7/E17

If you're using E17/E7, you can use it as a usb dac/amp, you can use it as a standalone dac and connect it to another amplifier, and you can use it as an amplifier and connect it with idevices for example.

If you're using E10, you can use it as a usb dac/amp, you can use it as a standalone dac and connect it to another amplifier, but you cannot use it as an amplifier so you're stuck with usb connection

Users who are viewing this thread

Back