Amazon sucks now
Aug 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM Post #46 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Or ability to correctly spell, it's horny damn it!
biggrin.gif

:facepalm: i spelt it like that on purpose, so that you would pronounce it saying "hor-n-ay"

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #47 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:facepalm: i spelt it like that on purpose, so that you would pronounce it saying "hor-n-ay"

All right then, not sure why I'd want to pronounce it hor-n-ay, but if that's what the kids are doing these days it's all good...
tongue.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #48 of 76
Quote:

All right then, not sure why I'd want to pronounce it hor-n-ay, but if that's what the kids are doing these days it's all good...
tongue.gif

it was a pun on the way people say "par-tay" :faceplam:X2

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #49 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by G-man /img/forum/go_quote.gif
:faceplam:X2

You know they have an ointment for that now which will clear it up in no time!
orphsmile.gif

Aug 22, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #50 of 76
Quote:

You know they have an ointment for that now which will clear it up in no time!

do tell. i have got a lot of this today.

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:19 AM Post #51 of 76
I just wrote Amazon's customer service to let them know how unhappy I am with their service these days. I ordered my item on Wednesday at 3pm, and they can't manage to ship it by Friday night -- a full three business days. You can try to defend them from the persepective that I haven't coughed up $79 for Amazon prime (in which case, if you did, I think you're a rube), but that means they'll be shipping my order on Monday, FIVE DAYS after I initally ordered it. I bet any of you defending Amazon would bitch up a blue streak if someone on Ebay or a HEAD-FI waited a week until they got around to shipping YOUR toy. Nes Pas? Sorry, but Amazon is just counting on their 10 miilion customers to hand over $790,000,000 in Amazon Prime so they can't start doing their job again. **** em.

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:36 AM Post #52 of 76
No, you just wen twith the "ship it when you feel like it" free shipping. If you go for the cheap option, expect the cheap service.

Aug 23, 2008 at 10:09 AM Post #53 of 76
I don't know about north america, but in Germany Amazon certainly got worse in the same way the OP described.

In the past stuff you ordered until 3-4pm (be it free, or standard shipping) got shipped the same day. There wasn't an overnight option, because it simply wasn't necessary, only a "before noon"-express option.
But when they started to offer overnight and overnight express things got worse. Now you don't get your things shipped the same day even if you order at 8am in the morning when choosing free or standard.

So they started to charge 6€ for a service which was free before, and instead of one day to get your stuff (1 day overnight shipping is pretty much always certain in Germany, even without using express or such. Being a smaller country pays off
wink.gif
), you now have to wait 3 days minimum.

If they never were that good in the past, i wouldn't bother.

Aug 23, 2008 at 2:01 PM Post #54 of 76
Chadbang, didn't you read this statement when you choose free super saver shipping.

FREE Super Saver Shipping (5-9 business days)

I don't see why you should complain then. Amazon did not ask you to choose the free super saver shipping. Like Grawk had said,

Quote:

No, you just went with the "ship it when you feel like it" free shipping. If you go for the cheap option, expect the cheap service.

Aug 23, 2008 at 4:12 PM Post #55 of 76
With respect to Super saver shipping it also says

Quote:

Please note that your order may take an additional 3 to 5 business days to ship out from our fulfillment center(s).

In addition to

Quote:

Transit time for Super Saver Shipping orders is 5 to 9 business days after shipping.

So theoretically taking the maximums, it can take a total of 14 business days to get your stuff. That assumes of course it's one of the items that says "ships in 24 hours".

Aug 23, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #56 of 76
I'm just pissed off because they now SUCK! They now charge $80 a year for the same service they used to offer FOR FREE (or $159 every two years, or $228 every three years, folks, think about it that way...) Which means they absolutely COULD give you the same speed service without the extra cost, but they just figured out how to rape the average consumer for more money ... and people let them get away with it. If more people (like me) bitched about poor service instead of letting themself get railroaded by corporations, then the customer would get the kind of service they deserve and companies would be forced to try harder to keep them. That's one reason why I am an Apple computer customer.When I have trouble with my Macs, I write one letter to Apple customer service and BOOM "bring it in, we'll take care of it for free." I write amazon and get a canned response from Bombay telling me to pay for 2-shipping - after waiting five days for them to ship. Fat chance. Steve Jobs knows when to take a loss to save a customer. That's why the little company that could it now make the GIANT quiver in its boots. Sure, Amazon can write: "If you choose free shipping, we're going to **** around with your packages for a week before we decide to ship it. You better pay us $80 a year, so we'll give you decent service." That's what they're saying, paraphrased. And people go for it. Jesus. Have you notice how the fledgling merchants/sellers working THROUGH AMAZON get most of their praise? "Fast shipping!" "Wow, got it in three days!" "Great seller" Maybe Amazon better start reading those comments again. Next time, I'm buying from an independent.

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:07 PM Post #57 of 76
They never offered free 2nd day shipping. They offered free "we'll get it to you when we get it to you" shipping, and they still do.

Aug 23, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #58 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm just pissed off because they now SUCK! They now charge $80 a year for the same service they used to offer FOR FREE (or $159 every two years, or $228 every three years, folks, think about it that way...)

Personally I don't do enough ordering with them to really have a horse in this race but it seems to me that they just figured out how to sell another service and schedule more cleverly. And they're offering a rebate to the customer if you let them do that.

This way they have cut the number of people required to ship since now there is a class of packages that must ship that day and then they have another group which can be used to level demand. They get to schedule more efficiently, we get the shipping for free. Sorry, I just don't see where the harm is in that.

Aug 23, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #59 of 76
My experience with Amazon over the last 3-5 years has been nothing but solid-fantastic, no complaints. I have started using it more heavily over the last year or two so I'll look into becoming a prime member, as it might well be worth it for me.

Aug 23, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #60 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by chadbang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you notice how the fledgling merchants/sellers working THROUGH AMAZON get most of their praise? "Fast shipping!" "Wow, got it in three days!" "Great seller" Maybe Amazon better start reading those comments again. Next time, I'm buying from an independent.

Have you noticed that most of these sellers did not ship for free
wink.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back