Amazing deal on Kef LS50 in Hong Kong - Last pair
Apr 10, 2015 at 3:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cooperpwc

Headphoneus Supremus
The Star House Audio/Computer Mall is closing at the end of this weekend - and with it the official Kef showroom on the 3rd floor (until they find a new location).

The store is almost empty now (for example, no more X300As). But they did have two pairs of LS50s - high gloss piano white with blue cones only - brand new in unopened boxes. I asked for a quotation yesterday and they said HK$7485 if I walked a pair out the door before end of business Sunday. That equals US$965, a healthy one third off. (These are $1500 everywhere including on Amazon in the USA.)

I returned to the showroom today.

There is now one pair remaining.  
biggrin.gif

I was lucky to be visiting Hong Kong at just the right time. Somebody else here can get lucky if they get to Star House before end of business Sunday and no one beats them to it. I do not think that we will see a deal like this again anytime soon.

Apr 11, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #4 of 6
Congratulations. The LS50 is the best mini monitor speakers I've ever had the pleasure of owning. I got a huge discount for my black LS50 brand new sealed in box for approximately 1k USD earlier this year from the local distributor.

Just like Wharfedale speakers, KEF speakers seem so sell at lower prices in the far east.

Apr 21, 2015 at 3:37 PM Post #6 of 6
I'm heavily invested in the kef q and r line.

I still feel the LS50 would benefit from a musical sub. The LS50 isa very revealing stand mount. If you've ever compared the R100 (I purchased them for my computer speakers for a duration of time) they sound very similar to the LS50 but with speaker grills :)

At the time i was able to buy new Kef Ls50's for $1000 cdn from a local retailer but I went for the anti child poking speakers with grills so I resorted to the R100. I did eventually use them as my front satellite speakers to supplement the R300's for my 9.1 HT system.

Just like most Kef uni Q design I feel they all benefit with more breakin time.

Warning to anyone looking into the R900, R700 and R300 they all seem to have an extremely silky smooth high's that can equate almost a veil. My R300's are still breaking in and are just starting to sound where I'd like them to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back