• ANC all the way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stick with your customs dummy!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 18, 2018 at 3:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

funkoid

100+ Head-Fier
I've got a pair of SE425s with custom tips, although not the best fit they were okay on a flight last year.

I'm planning a trip later this year and have been bitten by the headphone bug again, am I wasting my time though?

Is ANC better or worse than custom tips?

Sep 18, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #2 of 6
ANC only works well under certain conditions. A well fitted custom tip would be better in my opinion. Though it's probably too late now, if you had fit issues you could have sent the tips back to be remade.

Sep 18, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #5 of 6
if it's the sleeve gripping onto the iem, maybe you can glue it down with something that can be removed cleanly (no krazy glue, maybe bondic, it comes off when pried). good ANC will come at least a couple hundred bucks. passive isolation will also give better sound quality in most cases, only problem with customs on a plane is the seal as air pressure changes slightly. in THAT case, then ANC can be more justifiable, just don't expect to block out people as well as constant noises and hums

Sep 18, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah I can handle people talking and that it's more the engine noise i'd be wanting to block out.

If I go down the route of ANC I'd be using them in an office space too and getting rid of my AKG K550 mk2s as well, they've got to be cabled too because I like to use a Dragonfly DAC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back