Am I just old fashioned or is this pretty weird behaviour?
May 10, 2004 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

PinkFloyd

Headphoneus Supremus
I was on a web design course a few years back and I used to give a lift to a bloke in the same class as me. He seemed slightly "unusual" to me and I never felt at ease with him sitting next to me in the car. At first I thought it was due to him being 1 inch taller than me (6 foot 5 inches) but now I know there was more to it.

I did a google search this evening to see if he had produced any good sites (websites) and was shocked when I saw this: http://www.patentdragon.co.uk/central.htm

This may be all the rage and I may be out of touch but when I think this guy sat next to me for a year in my car it makes me feel a little bit uneasy. Is it me or is this a tad odd?

http://www.patentdragon.co.uk/central.htm

May 11, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #2 of 23
Looks like some sort of fantasy site (dark fantasy?)... he mentions comic books several times.

May 11, 2004 at 12:18 AM Post #3 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Looks like some sort of fantasy site, related to comic books or something of that nature. From the quick glance I took, seems pretty creative.

did you click on the "art" link? I just find the images of someone I used to give a lift to in my car dressed up in PVC thigh length female boots a bit uncomfortable to get a grip on. I'm just glad I didn't take up the offer of a cup of tea
eek.gif

May 11, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
did you click on the "art" link? I just find the images of someone I used to give a lift to in my car dressed up in PVC thigh length female boots a bit uncomfortable to get a grip on.

Oh that...
biggrin.gif
. Just saw a quick glance of it, and for some reason it didn't really register.

Now that you mention it, it's definitely a bit on the strange side... of course, an argument could be made that with the world overrun by weapon-toting people of various sorts, this could be pretty innocuous...

May 11, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by fewtch
Oh that...
biggrin.gif
. Just saw a quick glance of it, and for some reason it didn't really register. Now that you mention it, it's definitely a bit on the strange side...

Yeh "that" it's not really my cup of tea but I appreciate it may rock some peoples boat........... I just need to know that I'm not "unusual" thinking that a male dressing up in PVC high heels is pretty abnormal behaviour?

May 11, 2004 at 12:29 AM Post #6 of 23
He.. he.
biggrin.gif
Pink is getting goosebumps. I think your ex-colleage are one of those folks who live-out their fantasy world. I've seen folks who are so addicted to RPG that they are abit queer. Oh well... weird but probably harmless.

May 11, 2004 at 12:49 AM Post #7 of 23
nonetheless, i rather live in some world with elves and dwarves than in this @#$@ up reality.

okay, i'm wierd
tongue.gif

btw, that is one strange site. medievil guy dressed in evil lusty witch leather suit.

May 11, 2004 at 1:14 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

I was on a web design course a few years back and I used to give a lift to a bloke in the same class as me. He seemed slightly "unusual" to me and I never felt at ease with him sitting next to me in the car

was probably all that squeeking from the latex undergarments...........

that or the blank stare
eek.gif

evil_smiley.gif

May 11, 2004 at 1:16 AM Post #9 of 23
Quote:

I was on a web design course a few years back and I used to give a lift to a bloke in the same class as me. He seemed slightly "unusual" to me and I never felt at ease with him sitting next to me in the car

was probably all that squeeking from the latex undergarments.............

that or the blank stare !
eek.gif

May 11, 2004 at 1:17 AM Post #10 of 23
This is pretty run of the mill, harmless, weird behavior. So the guy likes latex stilettos. I would also say that the person taking those pictures must be fairly strange also. Gee...let me take a picture of my good friend reclining on the couch with pvc stilettos...That sounds like fun.

May 11, 2004 at 2:07 AM Post #11 of 23
Yeah, it's weird but hey.... what that fella does behind closed doors is upto him. There's no law against being a bit kinky that I know of.

Hmmm.... come to think about it some people must think us perhaps just a touch weird with our endless lusting for new 'phones and shiny new cd players with light bulbs stuck out of the top (valves/tubes) and the incessant thrift store hunting for cheap vinyl.

It takes all sorts I suppose.
cool.gif

May 11, 2004 at 2:18 AM Post #12 of 23
Yea let he/she who is normal raise their hands, and what people do behind closed doors is strictly their own business. But this guy posted his wierdness on a public website. That's like taking photos of my headphone amp and posting it on the local supermarket window. No big deal, but I do. at that point, freely give others the invitation to comment about my weirdness.

May 11, 2004 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 23
Do you guys remember the 80's? If not watch a few glam metal videos for a refresher, this guy would fit right in.

May 11, 2004 at 2:49 AM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd

This may be all the rage and I may be out of touch but when I think this guy sat next to me for a year in my car it makes me feel a little bit uneasy. Is it me or is this a tad odd?

Is he a Scot or a Brit?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back