Am I Done Buying Phones for Now?
Feb 6, 2003 at 10:58 PM Post #16 of 18
i know this isnt answering your question, so im somewhat sorry.
but listen to wallijohn.

i will say this based on my own experience:
if youre satisfied with what you have, dont visit this site. unless you have superhuman self control, you will want to upgrade and upgrade and upgrade...it wont stop. first you get new cans. then youll need an amp to adequately drive those headphones. then youll start to realize that your source is not good enough. then youll want a different amp, and maybe start tuberolling (switching out the stock tubes that come with tube amps, and buying different tubes that suit your tastes)...ad infinitum
tongue.gif

perhaps you can afford to try out all sorts of headphones, various amps and sources...but there is always something newer and often better than what you just bought coming out right around the corner.

if you are going to upgrade, take your time, research thoroughly, look for used gear, and try to buy the best you can, so that you wont have to upgrade again.

i am stuck in a cycle where i keep reading about great products, and want to buy more and more, forming somewhat of a compulsive cycle of audio purchases. i respect and admire those members out there who are happy with their setup, and have stopped the buying and upgrading. wish i was there.

so run away from this website, unless youre prepared to be tempted by things youll lust after and maybe cant afford.

but, if you really want a cheap fix, buy a used mint tin CMOY or a META42 amp and thereby give your current a little more power to work with. however, this will probably start the ball rolling, and then youll never stop
very_evil_smiley.gif

Feb 6, 2003 at 11:02 PM Post #17 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by nanahachi
and then youll never stop
very_evil_smiley.gif

Ever.
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back