Alternitive to Schiit Gungnir
Apr 16, 2013 at 12:26 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
Cancel the order and get it through Audio Advisor. Advantages are,
1. Schiit still benefits from the sale
2. You get free shipping vs having to pay for shipping
3. You get 30 days return policy vs 15 days
4. They have them in stock
5. They currently have a demo for much less than full price that comes with full warranty
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1SCGUN

man this site makes me broke, i just placed an order for a Gungir and I wasn't even looking to buy anything! just kill some time ...

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
man this site makes me broke, i just placed an order for a Gungir and I wasn't even looking to buy anything! just kill some time ...

I got one of their demo's last week and am currently burning it in. If anyone is interested in one just check there every day under "Clearance, Demo Clearance Items, Digital to Analog Converters" and you'll eventually see one for quite a bit off regular price.

May 3, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:
Cancel the order and get it through Audio Advisor. Advantages are,
1. Schiit still benefits from the sale
2. You get free shipping vs having to pay for shipping
3. You get 30 days return policy vs 15 days
4. They have them in stock
5. They currently have a demo for much less than full price that comes with full warranty
http://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=1SCGUN

Do you still get the Schiit  5 year warranty?

May 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #20 of 20
Yes....still the 5 yr warranty. If anyone is looking for one keep an eye on audio advisor's demo equipment (under DACs) as I sent mine back about a week ago. It should be showing up soon. It had some wow moments in my system but there just seemed to be a 'glare' there that made it difficult to listen to for more than a little while. Great soundstage, resolution, detail, bass etc and may (and obviously does per reports) work great in other systems and to other ears. For reference, I was streaming FLAC, including some hi-res,  to a Squeezebox Touch with ext. Wellborne P/S connected via ethernet, coax out to the Schiit and into a tube integrated, and out to Martin Logan Source speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back