Alternatives to LaLa?
May 3, 2010 at 5:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sambones

500+ Head-Fier
I feel like a dear friend just died. I haven't been using it for very long, but it was a wonderful way to experiment with music, try new artists, and compare music with friends without resorting to Youtube. So, are there any alternatives to it?

I mean, Pandora's good for plain old listening, but when you want to listen to assorted works from different artists without buying their albums, what else can you do?
Quote:

[size=x-small]The Lala service will be shut down on May 31, 2010[/size]
Click here for more information.

May 5, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #2 of 4
I knew I wasn't the only one from this forum on LaLa. I was more than disappointed when I get that E-mail yesterday. Hopefully there are some more great venues out there for us to experiment with new music.

Anybody?

May 25, 2010 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 4
last.fm is the greatest site and you can link it up into mozilla with an add on.  It reacts a lot like pandora, but it links you with other people, shows the amount of times you listen to songs etc.  It also has a great feature if you keep on the website that allows you to check out a brief band bio which, for me, makes this the greatest choice by far.  Other than that it's just a solid program with many people who can't find the time to keep up with the pace of any style or genre of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back