Alternatives to BJC LC-1 IC
Oct 6, 2010 at 12:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jilgiljongiljing

Headphoneus Supremus
Having owned and loved Blue Jeans LC-1 RCA IC's for a while now, I'm trying to find other budget offerings that are as good or maybe better. I have around 100 bucks for a 3-4 feet RCA IC.

PS: I am aware of Signal Cable as well and have the Silver resolution in my list.

Oct 6, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #2 of 6
I always found Kimber PBJ to have a very pleasant open sound; and you can even buy the stuff off the reel and DIY.

Oct 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #3 of 6
I would rather put that money towards better equipment. No offense, but I have a feeling you won't notice a difference with the gear you have right now.

Oct 13, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #4 of 6
Um this isnt for my headphone setup. This is for my speaker setup with DacMagic->Onkyo 9555->Sonus Faber Domus

And yes I can tell a difference between cables in this setup, and it was quite apparent when I swapped MOnster IC with LC-1. The problem is I only have a 1 foot LC-1 and I need 3 feet. Currently using Monster IC's. I'd like to investigate other options before getting a 3 foot LC-1.

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:49 PM Post #5 of 6
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/512168/blue-jeans-lc1-rca-vs-emotiva-x-series-rca

I picked up a set of these to compare to my LC-1's.

I found the bass is more pronounced with the X-series but the vocals MAY be just slightly more recessed.

I prefer the connectors on the LC-1's as they don't put a death grip on the my equipment's RCA's but some prefer the machined type of the X-series.

You might want to look at ClearCables as well.

Oct 17, 2010 at 5:07 AM Post #6 of 6
Check Audiogon. Investigate Speltz Anti-Cable ICs, Morrow, Audio Art, Straley Reality Cables, Element Audio. Supra also have a nice cable called the EFF-IS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back