Alternate source for Millet-Hybrid PCB
Jun 29, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #586 of 589
Quote:

Originally Posted by shut85
what does it mean when my pf1 is extremely hot when i turn on the amp....also, the led doesnt turn on....is it simply i have some cold welds somewhere or something else, like would that problem be able to tell me exactly what is going wrong with the amp

There is a short somewhere. Check to be sure that you do not have any solder bridges and that D1 is installed facing the right way.

-Drew

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:09 PM Post #587 of 589
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaypeterman
Do you have a picture of the Mouser basic RCAs?

Do you mean the Kobiconn jacks often used in PIMETAs and PPAs? bg4533 made me an adapter box of 2 RCAs to 1/4" or stereo mini when he sold me my E-MU 1212m that used, I believe, all Kobiconn components (it was free too, nice guy!). I rather like the RCAs and the mini jacks because the screw bushing is on the inside. I find screw bushings on the outside to be...ugly. Unfortunately it seems no one has designed a 1/4" jack with this in mind. There's the locking Neutrik jack, which is much nicer, but not ideal for aesthetics, in my opinion. I was almost about to buy all PCB mount jacks for my Millet and mount them using perfboard and standoffs (seperated from the main PCB) so I could have all bushing and nut-free components on the ouside. Would end up looking more like a retail stereo component. But I said screw it and went with the Neutrik jack and a knob big enough to cover the pot bushing.

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:45 PM Post #588 of 589
Ok so i went back to my amp and realized my d1 was put in the wrong way. I replaced d1 and pf1 and put in d1 the correct way, however i am still having the same problem as before (the pf1 gettin really hot and the led no coming on). What damage could have been done by mounting d1 the wrong way. I am 99% sure i do not have any solder bridges unless i really did miss something checking over the board 20 times over. If it can be no other reason than a solder bridge i will try to take some pictures and post them here.

Jun 29, 2005 at 11:15 PM Post #589 of 589
Well guys, the last few posts have been more about construction or parts sourcing, and would be better posted in the existing construction thread for this project. Since this thread was about sourcing boards that have since been shipped, I'm going to close it.

Please post any build or component questions in the proper thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back