Altec Lansing iM716 headphones on Amazon for $79.97 today
Apr 26, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #4 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21
reviews on amazon aren't very encouraging. Not that they are sound experts, but if its bad for them, then should it be even worse for us?...

Newbies... check the threads here in the forum. It is definetly a step above the Er6i and probably bellow Er4p. At 50usd shipped (or 80usd) is the bargain of the IEM century.

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 60
Ahhhh! Crap, oh crap, how much longer are the im716's gonna be that price for, do you guys think? If it's that way for a little longer, then I guess I'll have to put both my SlimX 350 PCDP (I never use it anymore) and my ER6i's(They're clean, they're clean, LOL
biggrin.gif
) up on the FS/T forums to trade up, per se.

Anyone think I should? If so, they're gonna both be listed tonight!
Viva IEM's!

etysmile.gif
Abe

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #6 of 60
Amazon prices fluctuate with the wind, so I wouldn't even bet that it might last past the weekend.

Apr 26, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #7 of 60
Many of those negative reviews sound suspiciously like the users simply could not figure out how to insert them correctly.

I wouldn't put my stock in them.

m

Apr 27, 2006 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 60
Thanks warpdriver for posting this
etysmile.gif

Loved my IM716 before I gave them to my brother. I just ordered one again from amazon to play around with
tongue.gif

At this price point they may become best value among the IEM offerings. Somewhat close to ER4P at $80 and IMO comparable to super.fi 5 pro. Buy them!!!

And for anybody who doesn't have the KSC-75, bundle them with the IM716, you won't regret it.

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:15 AM Post #9 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by glac1er
Thanks warpdriver for posting this
etysmile.gif

Loved my IM716 before I gave them to my brother. I just ordered one again from amazon to play around with
tongue.gif

At this price point they may become best value among the IEM offerings. Somewhat close to ER4P at $80 and IMO comparable to super.fi 5 pro. Buy them!!!

And for anybody who doesn't have the KSC-75, bundle them with the IM716, you won't regret it.

Do they less bloated bass than the Super fi 5pro? Do you think they have equal or more detail than the shure e4s? How is the comfort? Can I lay on my side with them? Please reply, I own SF5pros and I am really considering the IM716 at that price point.

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:43 AM Post #10 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteShadow
Do they less bloated bass than the Super fi 5pro? Do you think they have equal or more detail than the shure e4s?

I'd say yes to the first question for sure, and the Ety's are known to have a more airy treble.

At this price, it's a NO BRAINER. Free shipping and money back return policy. Can't lose.

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:29 AM Post #12 of 60
I read that they stick enough to prevent you from laying on your side comfortably. I also don't like the idea of changing filters....so I guess I will pass on the deal.

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:25 AM Post #13 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aryolkary
Newbies... check the threads here in the forum. It is definetly a step above the Er6i and probably bellow Er4p. At 50usd shipped (or 80usd) is the bargain of the IEM century.

Yes I am a newbie, thanks for calling me one to boost your own ego though
rolleyes.gif

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:31 AM Post #14 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by kg21
Yes I am a newbie, thanks for calling me one to boost your own ego though
rolleyes.gif

Are you one of the Amazon's reviewers (negative reviews)? If not, you got offended over something I didn't mean to you.

Apr 27, 2006 at 4:46 AM Post #15 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteShadow
Do they less bloated bass than the Super fi 5pro? Do you think they have equal or more detail than the shure e4s? How is the comfort? Can I lay on my side with them? Please reply, I own SF5pros and I am really considering the IM716 at that price point.

Maybe it's too late, but I'll answer your question anyway.
Yes, the bass is not as bloated as the super.fi. The bass is tighter but less in quantity as well. Yes, you can increase the bass using the attenuator on the Altecs but IMO they color the Ety sound signature too much and reduce detail. I can't say anything about the shure because I haven't been lucky enough to get a good deal on them. They were comfortable enough after my ears adapted to them in about 3 days. With the Im716 however, I don't think I can lay on my side with them, but the super.fi sticks out more for me.

If you have been contemplating to hear the Etys ER4p/S, the Im716 is a good reference without having to spend as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back