Alpha Omega IEMs Thread
Apr 11, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #151 of 180
How about the sound stage?

Now I'm in a dilemma about which to pick first because Voltage and EPZ K9 should be announced soon...
The soundstage is not as wide as the OH700VB to me and the RA has a more intimate presentation. It’s not closed-in, but not fully tridimensional either. I second @PeacockObscura’s impressions (I have the RA since 3 weeks now).

Apr 11, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #152 of 180
The soundstage is not as wide as the OH700VB to me and the RA has a more intimate presentation. It’s not closed-in, but not fully tridimensional either. I second @PeacockObscura’s impressions (I have the RA since 3 weeks now).
I am a bit confused here. To my ears the width is definitely comparable with OH700VB. Depth of stage is more on Ra, and height is very slightly less on Ra compared to OH700VB...but the imaging is distinctly more 3D on Ra compared to OH700VB. Do you and @PeacockObscura feel otherwise?

Apr 11, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #153 of 180
I am a bit confused here. To my ears the width is definitely comparable with OH700VB. Depth of stage is more on Ra, and height is very slightly less on Ra compared to OH700VB...but the imaging is distinctly more 3D on Ra compared to OH700VB. Do you and @PeacockObscura feel otherwise?
Nope I'm pretty much in line with you now I'm on my 2nd day with them still learning the differences but to be fair I'm finding it hard to take out of my ears to cross reference cos memory plays tricks

They are a very impressive set

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:53 PM Post #154 of 180
Nope I'm pretty much in line with you now I'm on my 2nd day with them still learning the differences but to be fair I'm finding it hard to take out of my ears to cross reference cos memory plays tricks

They are a very impressive set
Hello guys,

Well, I stick to my impressions, but I can say the following:

- Bass is amazing on both sets, while being slightly differently tuned.
- RA has a better midrange, fuller one.
- RA has a less extension and air in the highs, comes as a bit warmer overall, without any annoying peaks.
- RA sound less tridimensional as the OH700VB. The OH700VB sound definitely bigger than the RA.

Cannot say I prefer one over the other. Two different beasts that will satisfy bass lovers.

Apr 11, 2024 at 4:02 PM Post #155 of 180
Hello guys,

Well, I stick to my impressions, but I can say the following:

- Bass is amazing on both sets, while being slightly differently tuned.
- RA has a better midrange, fuller one.
- RA has a less extension and air in the highs, comes as a bit warmer overall, without any annoying peaks.
- RA sound less tridimensional as the OH700VB. The OH700VB sound definitely bigger than the RA.

Cannot say I prefer one over the other. Two different beasts that will satisfy bass lovers.
I always change my mind 5 or 6 times during the honeymoon period mainly due to only listening to the new set my real impressions come later after when I go back to the collection and actually compare.

I also suffer from the latest toy being the best ever till the next....

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 4:51 PM Post #156 of 180
I appreciate your feedback and understand sound and subjectivity's evolution.

I am enjoying Tansio X, Penon 10EA (which I have to hear more often, as it's a marble), Quattro, and EPZ 530. if you haven't paired them with EPZ TP50 you should give it a try.
I should be getting mine soon, had a nightmare sent the money to the wrong PayPal address which took 2 weeks to get back🙄!! Lol
Anyway all sorted now so should have them in a couple of weeks. Once i do receive them after a couple of days burn & listening will be doing a a comparison with a few of my favourites Penon 10th AE, IMR Dark Matter, Juzear Clear and maybe some short impressions against some cheaper popular bass monitors 7hz Legato, Kbear Rosefinch ect... to give an idea what an extra £400 Bass monitor gives you?
I'm just SO happy they are getting a great reception due to them being such an expensive blind buy👍

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2024 at 5:10 PM Post #157 of 180
My first day so not really time for me to give full impressions at the moment I'd wait a bit and see what a few users say before you choose.
My honeymoon is in full swing as I mentioned above my initial feelings is a better version of the Oriveti OH700VB which I love dearly.
Hia matey, I was just reading one of your reviews and noticed you own the Shanling H2.
Just wondered what you think of it especially in comparison to the iFi Go Blu?
It really intrigued me with it being a USB Dongle, Bluetooth Dongle AND a DAP!
Would also love to know how you think it compares to some of your more expensive DAPs & Dongles?

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #158 of 180
I should be getting mine soon, had a nightmare sent the money to the wrong PayPal address which took 2 weeks to get back🙄!! Lol
Anyway all sorted now so should have them in a couple of weeks. Once i do receive them after a couple of days burn & listening will be doing a a comparison with a few of my favourites Penon 10th AE, IMR Dark Matter, Juzear Clear and maybe some short impressions against some cheaper popular bass monitors 7hz Legato, Kbear Rosefinch ect... to give an idea what an extra £400 Bass monitor gives you?
I'm just SO happy they are getting a great reception due to them being such an expensive blind buy👍
Thanks! Appreciate your input also.

Thinking of getting them, Ra. Now, as mentioned I'm more interested in spending on the Voltage and K9.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #159 of 180
Hia matey, I was just reading one of your reviews and noticed you own the Shanling H2.
Just wondered what you think of it especially in comparison to the iFi Go Blu?
It really intrigued me with it being a USB Dongle, Bluetooth Dongle AND a DAP!
Would also love to know how you think it compares to some of your more expensive DAPs & Dongles?
The H2 is a great pocketable device with bags of power the sound is comparable with midfi daps such as the Fiio M11 series or Shanling M3 ultra I have a 512gb card in and as long as you have a tidy folder system for your music files, control through the Eddict app in folder view is snappy and easy to use. Initial connection can be a challenge but once it's accepted by your phone, every subsequent connection is seamless.
I also have the H5 which is bigger with a different sound signature but also really great matching my M6 Ultra.
As far as dongles they are both ahead in my opinion offering controlled power and depth to the sound my only dongle that comes close is the RU6 if I use a secondary battery to power it. And even then it can suffer from interference from the phone.
I mainly use the H2 and H5 as Flac file player from the sd card with control via Bluetooth on my phone.

Apr 11, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #160 of 180
You are really in for a treat to my ears they care a level all those iems and yes I own them too

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #161 of 180
Received mine on Saturday’s morning. It’s semi-custom shape shell fit like a glove. The stock cable is quality and mates very well with RA. IMHO, over the years in this hobby, none of the stock cables captured my attention. Clement did a good job on top of the eye pleasing packaging.

OTTB impressive. But after a few hours hearing and burn-in, it seems to have lost its initial wow signature. It only started to sound more stable after 40 hours. Therafter, Soundstage expanded to my taste but it does expand further to my sweet spot with additional juice due to its scalability. This is an indication that RA on my audio chain is more power hungry than my IMR Semper and Aur Ascension even though it is easy to drive.

RA has very nice natural timbre across the spectrum like my Aur Ascension. Matter of fact, both seems quite similar in presentation, except that RA is more generous in the bass compartment especially the sub bass. Whereas Ascension has better treble. Both have glorious midrange in spades, therefore both excel in the vocal range.

Additionally, I feel vocal is packed with nice vowels and for songs with backing vocal to be exceptional. I am to hear background voices which I doubt I am hearing from my existing IEMs.

Overall, RA’s coherency to my ears is top notch. Blending with its musicality, sonic delivery across the spectrum rhythm and flow in smooth effortless manner that at times getting me into the groove on some of the songs- a main objective of a music lovers.

Btw, I met AO Clement during the SG CAMJAM. A cheerful and humble young man who has cultivated a wealth of knowledge in this line of business.

Demoed his flagship and love it. Coherent with balance SQ, and very textured treble. Plenty of bass air but too bad it’s BA as my preference for bass must be DD. As a sucker for soundstage and this flagship didn’t disappoint- expansive soundstage makes smile.

My Audio chain:
DX260/DX220Max——-RA with comply T600L
DX260/DX220Max——PB5—-RA
DX260/DX220Max—-MK475—RA
DX260/DX220Max—-Wagnus tube preamp+Wagnus amp—-RA.

Have a nice day and Enjoy your music!

IMG_3377.jpeg
IMG_3378.jpeg

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #162 of 180
Received mine on Saturday’s morning. It’s semi-custom shape shell fit like a glove. The stock cable is quality and mates very well with RA. IMHO, over the years in this hobby, none of the stock cables captured my attention. Clement did a good job on top of the eye pleasing packaging.

OTTB impressive. But after a few hours hearing and burn-in, it seems to have lost its initial wow signature. It only started to sound more stable after 40 hours. Therafter, Soundstage expanded to my taste but it does expand further to my sweet spot with additional juice due to its scalability. This is an indication that RA on my audio chain is more power hungry than my IMR Semper and Aur Ascension even though it is easy to drive.

RA has very nice natural timbre across the spectrum like my Aur Ascension. Matter of fact, both seems quite similar in presentation, except that RA is more generous in the bass compartment especially the sub bass. Whereas Ascension has better treble. Both have glorious midrange in spades, therefore both excel in the vocal range.

Additionally, I feel vocal is packed with nice vowels and for songs with backing vocal to be exceptional. I am to hear background voices which I doubt I am hearing from my existing IEMs.

Overall, RA’s coherency to my ears is top notch. Blending with its musicality, sonic delivery across the spectrum rhythm and flow in smooth effortless manner that at times getting me into the groove on some of the songs- a main objective of a music lovers.

Btw, I met AO Clement during the SG CAMJAM. A cheerful and humble young man who has cultivated a wealth of knowledge in this line of business.

Demoed his flagship and love it. Coherent with balance SQ, and very textured treble. Plenty of bass air but too bad it’s BA as my preference for bass must be DD. As a sucker for soundstage and this flagship didn’t disappoint- expansive soundstage makes smile.

My Audio chain:
DX260/DX220Max——PB5—-RA
DX260/DX220Max—-MK475—RA

IMG_3377.jpegIMG_3378.jpeg
How is the wagnus amp

Apr 11, 2024 at 10:20 PM Post #163 of 180

My Audio chain:
DX260/DX220Max——PB5—-RA
DX260/DX220Max—-MK475—RA

IMG_3377.jpegIMG_3378.jpeg
The Omega is a Tribrid this was a message from Clement

"Sorry Jason, was super busy in Singapore
Omega is a 1DD4BA4EST and 3 tuning switches
And comes with pure silver litz cable
I think some of the people had tried them up during canjam in the group"

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:37 PM Post #164 of 180
How is the wagnus amp
Very durable and been with me for almost 10 years now. My trusted amp to demo IEM.

The Omega is a Tribrid this was a message from Clement

"Sorry Jason, was super busy in Singapore
Omega is a 1DD4BA4EST and 3 tuning switches
And comes with pure silver litz cable
I think some of the people had tried them up during canjam in the group"
My bad, just verified with Clement over WhatsApp the one I heard was Tribrid. The BA version was in his hotel room.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:26 AM Post #165 of 180
Very durable and been with me for almost 10 years now. My trusted amp to demo IEM.

My bad, just verified with Clement over WhatsApp the one I heard was Tribrid. The BA version was in his hotel room.
I also prefer DD bass the only all ba set that caught my ear was the SLT6 from Meyer-Audio, I thought the bass was standout!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back