Alpha & Delta JAAP: A Sweatproof Wireless Bluetooth Sports IEM w/OTG Charging
Jan 11, 2017 at 6:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

nmatheis

Headphoneus Supremus
As if they were reading my mind about getting into better shape in the new year, I just got an email from Alpha & Delta (LMUE's house brand) revealing their newest creation, a wireless sports IEM that'll be up on Indiegogo soon. I didn't see a thread for them, so I thought I'd open one up. Without further ado, here's a LINK to Alpha & Delta's webpage for JAAP and some info on TEOSJ's newest creation.

While I haven't heard them yet, I'm hoping to get a pair in for testing soon. Perhaps some of my headfi buddies in Singapore have heard them? audio123? RedTwilight?

Jan 16, 2017 at 4:34 AM Post #3 of 43
As if they were reading my mind about getting into better shape in the new year, I just got an email from Alpha & Delta (LMUE's house brand) revealing their newest creation, a wireless sports IEM that'll be up on Indiegogo soon. I didn't see a thread for them, so I thought I'd open one up. Without further ado, here's a LINK to Alpha & Delta's webpage for JAAP and some info on @TEOSJ's newest creation.

While I haven't heard them yet, I'm hoping to get a pair in for testing soon. Perhaps some of my headfi buddies in Singapore have heard them? @audio123? @RedTwilight?

Ooh these look pretty cool, I wonder if @TEOSJ has gotten any prototypes in house.

Edit: Oops sorry for long quote.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 43
Backed these babies immediately after getting an email that they're now available on Kickstarter.

I love the AD01 which I felt punched way above their price tag if you're a basshead.

Spoke to Teo briefly on the phone too, he said Lendmeurears will have a booth at Canjam Singapore and they should have a prototype of the Jaap available for demo.

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #6 of 43
Backed these babies immediately after getting an email that they're now available on Kickstarter.

I love the AD01 which I felt punched way above their price tag if you're a basshead.

Spoke to Teo briefly on the phone too, he said Lendmeurears will have a booth at Canjam Singapore and they should have a prototype of the Jaap available for demo.

Nice! Looking forward to some impressions for Teo's latest creation :thumbsup:

Mar 2, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 43
Yea, I'll definitely give a quick listening impression, using the AD01 as a base for comparison, after Canjam.

Teo mentioned that there isn't a prototype now in his shop because it was sent out for reviews so I'll have to be patient for Canjam WHICH IS ONLY 9 DAYS AWAY!!!

Mar 2, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #8 of 43
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/692833600/jaap-the-next-generation-of-truly-wireless-earphon/description

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 43
Definitely look interesting, don't know if I like the trade off of the what could be a clunky over ear piece for battery life.

That being said, have backed it.

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:11 PM Post #10 of 43
Unfortunately, JAAP doesn't support aptx.
This is what Teo wrote in the comments on kickstarter:
JAAP do not have APTX support. This is due to the cost of implementing the technology in this form factor. We wanted to keep this product affordable for the masses.
During our testing, we find that the APTX might no necessary improve on the sound. I am linking the following article for your reference which explains how APTX might not necessary improve sound quality: https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-know-about-bluetooth-3134591

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #11 of 43
  Unfortunately, JAAP doesn't support aptx.
This is what Teo wrote in the comments on kickstarter:
JAAP do not have APTX support. This is due to the cost of implementing the technology in this form factor. We wanted to keep this product affordable for the masses.
During our testing, we find that the APTX might no necessary improve on the sound. I am linking the following article for your reference which explains how APTX might not necessary improve sound quality: https://www.lifewire.com/what-to-know-about-bluetooth-3134591

This honestly wouldn't bother me if I was in the market for this particular earphone. The ADVANCED Evo-X doesn't have it either and that earphone sounds just fine.

Mar 5, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #13 of 43
This honestly wouldn't bother me if I was in the market for this particular earphone. The ADVANCED Evo-X doesn't have it either and that earphone sounds just fine.

Evo-X sounds great actually. Little bright but very clear sounding.

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #14 of 43
My two concerns (I pledged already) are:

1) Isolation -- this is VERY VERY important. My criteria is: Can I enjoy listening to music and videos wearing them in a typical noisy restaurant.

2) As I recall, most of the reviews for the D2 say that they're too bassy... I don't like sound that's too bassy at all. I pledged for the D2 and JAAP, but if folks feel that the D2 is going to really be too bassy for them, then I might drop back to only the JAAP. THEN, the question will be: Will the JAAP be too bassy? I'm just guessing, but it could be that Teo likes a lot of bass and that might be a deal breaker for me. But there's just no way to know unless some reviewer gets the JAAP before pleding closes...

Mar 6, 2017 at 4:41 AM Post #15 of 43
My two concerns (I pledged already) are:

1) Isolation -- this is VERY VERY important. My criteria is: Can I enjoy listening to music and videos wearing them in a typical noisy restaurant.

2) As I recall, most of the reviews for the D2 say that they're too bassy... I don't like sound that's too bassy at all. I pledged for the D2 and JAAP, but if folks feel that the D2 is going to really be too bassy for them, then I might drop back to only the JAAP. THEN, the question will be: Will the JAAP be too bassy? I'm just guessing, but it could be that Teo likes a lot of bass and that might be a deal breaker for me. But there's just no way to know unless some reviewer gets the JAAP before pleding closes...

Dynamics drivers earphones usually have a small air port meant to increase air flow for the driver, thereby improving bass response, but also resulting in less isolation. That being said, the loss in isolation is very very small and I cannot think of a single instance where I had to use a BA IEM over my DD IEMs because of isolation concerns. You should be good here.

The D2 is indeed too bassy but the AD01 is fantastic. Great bass response but without it becoming overwhelming. I was told the Jaap is closer to the AD01 than the D2.

I will be able to listen to the Jaap at canjam Singapore this coming weekend, so can post a short first impression here. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back