ALO RX2 or IQUBE, which one has a wider soundstage and higher resolution for clarity?
Apr 11, 2011 at 9:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

vincent33

New Head-Fier
The RX2 simply fits the IMOD perfectly for it size (and its price is more affordable too), whereas the iqube looks a bit bulky to me and the input plug is not at a very good location for the V2 LOD cable... I tried Iqube and it sounds appealing to me but actually I prefer rechargeble built-in batteries which seems more convenient.

I don't have much reference on the RX2 for its sound quality as dont have much chance to test thoroughly. any mates could give some comment between the two amp? Thanks in advance!

Apr 12, 2011 at 3:56 AM Post #2 of 4
I would just like to let you know that the Triad Audio L3 will be ready in not too long, you might want to consider it as well, I have however, not heard the two amps you have mentioned. You might want to read the portable amp roundup thread, it is floating around here somewhere                WELCOME TO HEAD-FI!!! Sorry about your wallet...

Edit; Here it is;
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/214588/review-portable-amp-roundup-56-portable-amps-reviewed-and-compared-final-update-12-20-10-added-rsa-sr-71b

Apr 12, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #3 of 4
I never listen to RX2 but I have the iQube. It is a bit bulky but you won't regret buying it. I received my pico dac/amp two days ago and started to compare it with iQube. The mid and treble of iQube is more forward and really sparkly. Very detailed and very neutral, doesn't add any coloration. The pico is more laid back, really nice for female vocal and jazz. I don't particularly enjoy pico when I need to understand guitar phrases in some song that I need to play.

Apr 13, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
I never listen to RX2 but I have the iQube. It is a bit bulky but you won't regret buying it. I received my pico dac/amp two days ago and started to compare it with iQube. The mid and treble of iQube is more forward and really sparkly. Very detailed and very neutral, doesn't add any coloration. The pico is more laid back, really nice for female vocal and jazz. I don't particularly enjoy pico when I need to understand guitar phrases in some song that I need to play.

Thanks for your share! I think your comparison helps a lot! I once had a headache between pico and iqube too! I also believe pico is better for intrusmental, but not quite fit my mixed pops and some fast-pace song

Users who are viewing this thread

Back