ALO Cotton Mini to mini
Jan 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

joshua

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

Have been wondering about the value of the ALO Cotton mini to mini. For a fat piece of wire 6 inches long it 130+ seems like a hefty price to pay. I'm using it to link up a Minibox E+ with a Cowon D2/Yamaha Clavinova and was wondering how it performs compared to the cable that comes with the Minibox E+.

Are there any alternatives as well?

Jan 6, 2009 at 1:25 PM Post #2 of 8
There are loads of alternatives for a mini to mini starting from a few dollars...

what price range are you looking for?

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:03 AM Post #4 of 8
you have a pm

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:09 AM Post #5 of 8
I'm glad you recognized that the pricing of ALO's is definitely not the best in terms of bang-for-buck.
beerchug.gif

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:36 AM Post #6 of 8
I have a cotton and i sure am not selling it, but i also have a Quables if i don't want to have such an expensive piece of wire with me.
regular_smile .gif

Would i buy it again? Maybe, i can hear a difference in critical listening. Each piece is a building block toward the best most transparent sound. If i use other cables and don't think about it i probably wouldn't notice. An example would be that I can listen to my Hornet M and it sounds good and i get used to it and can hear transparency and be happy with it, but then when i put on my Lisa lll i am stunned by the difference in SQ. If you love music you can be happy with anything, at least above a certain level, then it is just tweaking and that last ten percent of quality gets very expensive.

If you think the cotton is too expensive, check the Quables or apuresound. Both are high quality and less expensive than the cotton.

Good luck and just have fun with it!

Jan 7, 2009 at 10:10 AM Post #7 of 8
The ALO is well put together and robust, the great sound is a given, but no better than my Quables at a third of the price but the Quabels is coming apart now and looks old whereas the ALO still looks mint.

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:31 AM Post #8 of 8
Hah dallan definitely agree with you there.

I'm just gonna go with an interconnect upgrade, an amp upgrade (to a Minibox E+, don't ask from what).

Was sorely tempted to go with a Senn HD600 recable...but was wondering whether it was worth it. Recabling 6ft looks like it'll eat 300+ from my wallet, and frankly I don't think it's worth the money....

Got tired of all the chasing-after-the-tail perfectionism that plagues audiophilia...learning to be content with value over absolute performance =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back