ALO audio Continental Dual Mono
Jun 27, 2015 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35
 ​

​
 ​

​
 ​
The all new ALO Continental Dual Mono, the gold standard for portable headphone amp DACs.​
 ​
Highlights
 ​
powered by 2 x 6111 sub-miniature vacuum tubes​
tubes are auto biased​
user roll-able tubes​
Wolfson 8741 Reference DAC​
high resolution DAC16/44 to DSD​
Stand alone battery powered DAC​
stand alone dedicated level line out​
MAC and PC​
iPhone, iPad DA converting*​
Android DA converting**​
bit rate indicator LEDs​
fully balanced in and balanced out​
single ended in and single ended out​
hi lo gain​
up to 7 hour battery play time​
no microphonics​
no step up transformer​
low noise floor, ideal for IEMs​
unparalleled audio performance in the portable class amp​
100% CNC'ed enclosure made from a solid block of aluminum​
Gorilla Glass tube window​
world charger​
 ​
 ​
 ​
For more information please visit our webpage here​
 ​
 ​
Please visit our Head-fi CDM thread here​
 ​
 ​
Please visit our Head-fi CDM tube rolling thread here​
 ​
 ​
For more about Vinnie Rossi please visit ​
 ​
 ​
Thank you​
Ken @ ALO​
 ​
 ​
* when used with CCK cable not supplied
** when used with OTG cable not supplied

​
 ​

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com
Jun 29, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #2 of 35
some specs:

RMS per channel, both channels driven:

SE

80mW into 32 ohms

95mW into 50 ohms

75mW into 150 ohms

60mW into 300 ohms

BAL

125mW into 32 ohms

145mW into 50 ohms

110mW into 150 ohms

95mW into 300 ohms

Jun 29, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #7 of 35
Jun 29, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #9 of 35
The brushed front and back look very elegant!  Nice design.  How available are tubes like that?

Jun 29, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #10 of 35
Thats mucho dinero. Though its not crazy like the AK380 price tag. This one though can be fed by my sgs3.

It is very very beautiful.

It's way out of my price range and completely geared towards IEMs. I would need way more power for my cans. It's absolutely gorgeous looking though. 

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #11 of 35
  The brushed front and back look very elegant!  Nice design.  How available are tubes like that?

HI Fiascogarcis,

Please be sure to check out our tube rolling thready here,

ALO CDM Tube Rolling Thread

In a nutshell I am working hard to have a large variety tubes available for rolling in the CDM. I will have a number of drop in tube options available and a complete page for obtaining these tubes for your CDM soon. Our pencil tube PCB and 8 pin header system allows for customers to also make their own tube boards for the CDM if you do not want to get them pre assembled from us. We use a dual triode 8 pin sub-miniature tubes but you can also choose some of our single triode tubes as well. I have secured a large volume of NOS, never been used tubes and will make all of them available soon. I will publish a list of compatible tubes shortly all of these can easily be bought on ebay and other places.

Hope this help,

Thank you
Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:47 PM Post #12 of 35
  It's way out of my price range and completely geared towards IEMs. I would need way more power for my cans. It's absolutely gorgeous looking though. 

It is indeed gorgeous - it is a work of art and very well constructed (although some will have to get used to how hot it becomes). And it sounds great! 

Still need to try it with my LCD-3's, but have spent many happy hours with it playing my Noble K-10's and it's a wonderful combination. 

Cheers 

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #13 of 35

I have no trouble driving larger cans, in addition balanced out is +4dB and will sufficiently drive almost any headphone. We do not see the CDM as for IEMs only, what are your headphones?

Ken

Jun 30, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #14 of 35
Any chance for ALO to drop by the SFO meet up on 7/18 so we can all have a listen? Should be just a day trip for you.

Jun 30, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #15 of 35

I have no trouble driving larger cans, in addition balanced out is +4dB and will sufficiently drive almost any headphone. We do not see the CDM as for IEMs only, what are your headphones?

Ken

HD650, Pro900, and T70

Users who are viewing this thread

Back