Allesandro Music Series One V2
Jul 1, 2010 at 11:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Abovetheair

100+ Head-Fier
I was looking on Alleandro's site and noticed that the V2 headphones are an extra $10. Does anybody have both V1 and V2 to compare the two. I was wondering if V2 was worth spending the extra $10.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #2 of 10
I'm assuming you mean the MS1 (v1) and the MS1i (v2) right? I currently own the MS1i and I have auditioned the MS1, both sound almost exactly the same, it's just that the MS1i has a smidge more bass (due to the extended cups maybe?) and a bit more bite in the mids compared to the MS1 IMO.

Jul 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM Post #5 of 10
Jul 1, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 10
I've heared a dozen of MS1 and a few MS1i meanwhile, they all differ. Reason are quality spreads, and not supposed SQ advantages of the newer version. The newer version is just a bit better looking, that's all.

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 10
I just got a pair of the newer ones, the MS-1i's.  I did a did a shootout between those and the SR80i's, which they seem based on.  (Same exact cord.  The MS-1i's do not have the beefier cord the SR125i's have.  Also have a pair of those.)

I was looking forward to mellowing the midrange harshness of the SR80i's with the Alessandro's, but what I heard was mids and highs that were almost the same, but the MS-1i's seemed very lacking in bass vs the SR80i's.  In fact, the Alessandro's reminded much more of the SR60i's than anything.

I was really disappointed with them.  Not what I expected at all.  And I kept trying different CDs, low volume, high volume, etc, but I kept hearing the same thing.

So then I emailed and mentioned to Grado that the MS-1i's sounded closer to the SR60i than anything else to me, and they basically responded: no comment.  NDA in place.  Can't talk about it.

But obviously, there are Alessandro fans here too.  So ymmv.  :)

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:41 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
I just got a pair of the newer ones, the MS-1i's.  I did a did a shootout between those and the SR80i's, which they seem based on.  (Same exact cord.  The MS-1i's do not have the beefier cord the SR125i's have.  Also have a pair of those.)

I was looking forward to mellowing the midrange harshness of the SR80i's with the Alessandro's, but what I heard was mids and highs that were almost the same, but the MS-1i's seemed very lacking in bass vs the SR80i's.  In fact, the Alessandro's reminded much more of the SR60i's than anything.

I was really disappointed with them.  Not what I expected at all.  And I kept trying different CDs, low volume, high volume, etc, but I kept hearing the same thing.

So then I emailed and mentioned to Grado that the MS-1i's sounded closer to the SR60i than anything else to me, and they basically responded: no comment.  NDA in place.  Can't talk about it.

But obviously, there are Alessandro fans here too.  So ymmv.  :)

Wow.

Jul 2, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #10 of 10
Maybe mine will sound different (Just ordered them). I think that they will be a fun pair of headphones to modify. And if I do like the sound i'll upgrade to the 225's. :) Or maybe Ms2i's!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back