All the headphones at the Apple Store sound terrible.
Jan 8, 2013 at 4:43 AM Post #31 of 33
Overwhelming mid-bass is what consumers love in their audio. Look at Beats and Skull Candy for example. As much as I don't like to bash them (it gets excessive) they are exactly what the consumers have been convinced are high quality, basically a fashion statement with "amazing bass." I let my friends try my headphones from time to time and they are amazed, but still go back to the same products. Only one of my friends became an audiophile because of my interest.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #32 of 33
Quote:
Overwhelming mid-bass is what consumers love in their audio. Look at Beats and Skull Candy for example. As much as I don't like to bash them (it gets excessive) they are exactly what the consumers have been convinced are high quality, basically a fashion statement with "amazing bass." I let my friends try my headphones from time to time and they are amazed, but still go back to the same products. Only one of my friends became an audiophile because of my interest.

Overwhelming midbass, recessed treble and rolled off highs. It's not that these companies can't make decent sounding headphones(Monster do nice IEMS and the Inspiration and Diamond tears are not unreasonable, Skullcandy has the Mixmaster Mikes and the Aviators), they simply choose not to and instead appeal to the areas of the spectrum that less educated listeners notice first.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #33 of 33
Quote:
Overwhelming midbass, recessed treble and rolled off highs. It's not that these companies can't make decent sounding headphones(Monster do nice IEMS and the Inspiration and Diamond tears are not unreasonable, Skullcandy has the Mixmaster Mikes and the Aviators), they simply choose not to and instead appeal to the areas of the spectrum that less educated listeners notice first.

Thats...so Apple like. No wonder they sell their stuff at the Apple store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back