Aliexpress Cables
Apr 30, 2024 at 2:48 AM Post #4,351 of 4,359
Understood. Fuses have a pretty specific value to each individual electronic unit unlike power cords.

Just wanna drop anecdotally what a friend who tried the Aucharm cheap white then red on his linear power supply (to DAC) said.
1) it needs to run in like cables
2) when unplugged to A/B , he felt they needed to re-adjust or sit for a couple of hours.

Apr 30, 2024 at 6:08 PM Post #4,354 of 4,359
Oh, it had a tremendous impact on the resulting sound. In another description of some other seller, it was described as directional and worth trying both sides to hear what suits best. I'm using two of these for my PSUs of my server/switches and endpoint (although just dirty side, clocks and output is battery/ultracap powered).

From what I remember, one side was tonally "safe" (meaning sounding little dark, but generally fine and pleasing), but otherwise lacking any serious character and significant impact over some other fuses.

Other side was the opposite - it revealed any tonal disbalance in the chain (for me it mainly soften the bass a little), but also added its magic in a sense of opening scene, captivating timbre and creating a new level of atmosphere. I ended up absolutely preferring this side and worked on the bass in some other areas like the resonance management of those PSUs.

On some other note, if I may recommend to you guys here something that I consider one of the greatest tweaks I encountered, even despite its steep price, it's very well worth it, especially with the current 40% discount (might be ending today, at least for their thecableco.com distributor). www.contactenhancer.com

No other contact enhancer can match it in what it achieves (and I've tried most of them currently popular on the market), because it acts like a power/signal filter right at the connection point. I use it in permanent connections, especially for power, like fuses, IEC inlets (if you're settled on your cord) or on internal connections of a device. Only one negative I found is that it needs >100 hours of break-in, otherwise sounds like crap, but then... mind-boggling, even with a summit-fi filtering system in place. For me, each of my device must have its power "prefiltered" by a layer of this magic potion.

May 1, 2024 at 10:13 AM Post #4,355 of 4,359
Holy crap! That's nearly as expensive as Furutech's NanoLiquid.

On another note, I got this:
1000038714.jpg

37,99€ 5%OFF | Furukawa Flux-50 NFC power filter with FI-50 NCF Rhodium plated connector plug
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQefvT5

I bought it, initial, to be used as a power cable between my pre- and power amp, since latter one gets fed the power from former, but this product's plug does not allow for it. @Jake2 warned me, but I forgot about it and bought it nevertheless. So, since it was already here I used it as intended, as an AC filter between my ART Pro PS 4x4 Pro power distributor and the Allo Shanti linear power supply, that feeds my WiiM Pro Plus, connected to the Shanti Side.

Now, I might be completely mistaken, but I got the feeling, that the filtering is pretty strong! And filtering it is, that's for sure. I am not sure whether this is for the better. All is more compressed, base seems more textured, but transients might have suffered. Still, I feel all is much more silent in the background.

The other end btw. is a cheap cable from Amazon, that I introduced many posts ago. Will get the adapter, @Jake2 mentioned.

Last edited:
May 1, 2024 at 11:32 AM Post #4,356 of 4,359

On another note, I got this:1000038714.jpg
37,99€ 5%OFF | Furukawa Flux-50 NFC power filter with FI-50 NCF Rhodium plated connector plug

I bought it, initial, to be used as a power cable between my pre- and power amp, since latter one gets fed the power from former, but this product's plug does not allow for it. @Jake2 warned me, but I forgot about it and bought it nevertheless. So, since it was already here I used it as intended, as an AC filter between my ART Pro PS 4x4 Pro power distributor and the Allo Shanti linear power supply, that feeds my WiiM Pro Plus, connected to the Shanti Side.

Now, I might be completely mistaken, but I got the feeling, that the filtering is pretty strong! And filtering it is, that's for sure. I am not sure whether this is for the better. All is more compressed, base seems more textured, but transients might have suffered. Still, I feel all is much more silent in the background.

The other end btw. is a cheap cable from Amazon, that I introduced many posts ago. Will get the adapter, @Jake2 mentioned.
The 40% code has expired unfortunately. I was tempted 😅

It’ll be labelled the proverbial snake oil by the ASR crowd. But for someone who can hear fuses or different damping feet even in linear power supplies , I think this might be the solution to remove the last veil/grit/dryness in connectors.

May 1, 2024 at 12:09 PM Post #4,359 of 4,359

On another note, I got this:1000038714.jpg

Try it on digital sources. I think it’s a simple EMI filter. Might limit current draw on pre/power amps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back