Alessandro Music Series MS1 FAN CLUB!
Jan 25, 2015 at 2:32 PM Post #3,031 of 3,117
What you want to know?
Portapro is a small devil, but really different from Alessandro.

Jan 25, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #3,032 of 3,117
[COLOR=222222]What you want to know?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=222222]Portapro is a small devil, but really different from Alessandro.[/COLOR]

I was thinking about upgrading my Koss portapro... Was considering alessandro ms1 as priority option by reading reviews. I wanted to know how these cans compare considering soundstage, powerfool and distinct controlled bass, comfort etc ... I mostly listen to pop so will you recommend these cans for pop...

Also if you know anyone who has purchased Alessandro online in India would be great to know about

Jan 25, 2015 at 4:34 PM Post #3,033 of 3,117
I was thinking about upgrading my Koss portapro... Was considering alessandro ms1 as priority option by reading reviews. I wanted to know how these cans compare considering soundstage, powerfool and distinct controlled bass, comfort etc ... I mostly listen to pop so will you recommend these cans for pop...

Also if you know anyone who has purchased Alessandro online in India would be great to know about

Alessandro Ms1 is another class. I had it same time with Grado225i, Ms1 more natural and better soundstage, I sold the Grado. versatile good for pop.

I dont know about India.

Jan 25, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,034 of 3,117
the ms1's are great headphones for pop. they're great imo and if you're looking for more modding them or changing out the pads will change the sound a bit. comfort wise grados arent the most comfortable atleast for long listening but i can wear mine for hours, i guess im use to it after all these years. 

Jan 27, 2015 at 4:25 AM Post #3,036 of 3,117
Has anyone bought the headphones online from alessandro website in india?
Does any one know how the custom duties work ?
Will i be required to pay the custom duty on alessandro ms1 if i buy it online from their website ?

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #3,037 of 3,117
  Has anyone bought the headphones online from alessandro website in india?
Does any one know how the custom duties work ?
Will i be required to pay the custom duty on alessandro ms1 if i buy it online from their website ?

I would expect you would have to pay import duty (I live in the UK and I did when I bought some). The way it works in the UK is that Royal Mail held the parcel and sent me a postcard with details of a website where I could pay the duty, after which the parcel was delivered. I'm not sure how it works in India, sorry!

This website should help you work out how much you'll need to pay:

https://www.icegate.gov.in/Webappl/

Jan 27, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #3,038 of 3,117
I would expect you would have to pay import duty (I live in the UK and I did when I bought some). The way it works in the UK is that Royal Mail held the parcel and sent me a postcard with details of a website where I could pay the duty, after which the parcel was delivered. I'm not sure how it works in India, sorry!

This website should help you work out how much you'll need to pay:

https://www.icegate.gov.in/Webappl/

If the procedure here is the way it is in UK... I won't mind then going through it. But someone needs to confirm this. Anyone else who can help...?

Jan 28, 2015 at 7:13 PM Post #3,039 of 3,117
I got my MS1's a couple hours ago and they sound great to my ears and don't mind the pocket knife (I have an interest in cutlery besides headphones lol).

I just got my MS1s and they are not the e series drivers. I went with the original design because I like the smaller cup. Is it only the new design that had the e drivers or did I get old stock? They do sound amazing either way.

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:49 AM Post #3,041 of 3,117
You received the e driver model.. i have the MS1i and the driver is silver. You got the original MS1 design with the smaller cup and e driver. Nice one :D

Jan 29, 2015 at 3:57 AM Post #3,042 of 3,117
Quite, the backs of the drivers are clearly painted red!

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #3,043 of 3,117
You received the e driver model.. i have the MS1i and the driver is silver. You got the original MS1 design with the smaller cup and e driver. Nice one :D

Quite, the backs of the drivers are clearly painted red!

Those aren't my photos. I just quoted them from an earlier post because they show the old cups with the new drivers. My drivers are definitely silver.

Jan 29, 2015 at 8:47 AM Post #3,044 of 3,117
Then they're not "e"s...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back