Alessandro MS1000 Owner/Appreciation Thread.
Apr 8, 2009 at 6:51 PM Post #16 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by LSUDude258 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please add me to the least for MS-1000 improved 2009 version kind sir
biggrin.gif

Post some pictures!! I'd love to see how the MS1000i looks like with the mushroom cap!

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #18 of 112
Any recommendations in amplifications for the MS1000? I currently have the PA2v2, don't think they have a great synergy together. I have to double-amp it with a FiiO E3 to get a satisfactory bass impact/response.

I'm thinking of the LittleDot MK-III tube amp, and will be getting a pair of AKG K701 sometime later as well, what do you guys think?

Apr 28, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #19 of 112
I wouldn't say that amplification has a prominent effect on the MS1000's behavior.

The usual effect of better soundscape plays a minor role here, as the MS1000 is a soundscape monster anyway. And you need bat ears or even psychoacoustic to hear noteworthy more precise bass because of some wonder of the world amp instead of something else. The Alessandros are quite gearitis-unfriendly cans IMO.

Keep grounded, we're still talking of a frugal 32 ohm Grado, and not of some R10ish or HD800 resource monster. Plug it into any amp or any MP3 thingy and enjoy.
tongue.gif

Apr 28, 2009 at 9:48 AM Post #21 of 112
I wouldn't recommend the MKIII. My old speaker amp gives the MS1000 a more happy-slamming sound than my MKIV does. The bass is a bit light on the Little Dot.
I don't think the MKIII is the best choice for the K701 as well. The MKIII likes higher-impedance phones. I would seriously reconsider the MKIII...

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #24 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by xkRoWx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surprisingly the MS1000 performs just as well ampless. I wasted $60 on my PA2v2 -.-"

I would argue that any headphone sounds better ampless than with the pa2v2. For what it adds in bass impact (not much), it takes away orders of magnitude more in clarity and high frequency extension. I'm not even sure how it manages to attenuate the treble so much. I'd like to have a look at the circuit schematic if it's available somewhere... are there electrolytics in the signal path?

Apr 30, 2009 at 5:56 AM Post #25 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would argue that any headphone sounds better ampless than with the pa2v2. For what it adds in bass impact (not much), it takes away orders of magnitude more in clarity and high frequency extension. I'm not even sure how it manages to attenuate the treble so much. I'd like to have a look at the circuit schematic if it's available somewhere... are there electrolytics in the signal path?

Not sure what the "electrolytics" are, but I did notice that the opamp chip used in the PA2v2 is tiny.

My untrained ears tell me that PA2v2 makes everything sound louder, not sure where the frequency rolls off (not that analytical yet). Bass impact? You've gotta be kidding me. I have to dual amp it with a FiiO E3 to get a decent amount of impact (yes, you read it right, MacBook > FiiO E3 > PA2v2 > MS1000).

May 17, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 112
Ain't that your 2nd exemplar?
wink_face.gif

May 17, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #28 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickchen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ain't that your 2nd exemplar?
wink_face.gif

Yeah, sold the first offering a long time ago but these are here to stay this time...... well untill something better comes along, HF-2000 anyone
smile.gif

Jun 10, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #30 of 112
Quote:

Originally Posted by #@y0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Take a listen to Get Over It by the Eagles through the ms1000.
I really think it sounds great!

Take a listen to EVERYTHING on the ms1000. Well maybe not everything but they seem very good so far.

P.S. Add me to the owners list
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back