Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Apr 7, 2016 at 11:05 PM Post #331 of 522
So I've got the CMVK for some days and it's been fun. However, I'm not happy with the midrange and vocals here. I'm not surprised. But I think I will return it for either the RSM or the new Spire. I wanted to find out if the bass of the RSM feels like it lacks.

If it is a custom, how can you return it for something else?

Apr 8, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #333 of 522
Go for it! I don't think you will regret it. I'm considering the Spire as well.

Apr 9, 2016 at 8:09 PM Post #335 of 522
SJTrance, have you tried a different cable with your CMVK? A silver or hybrid cable might do the trick.

Apr 9, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #336 of 522
I got a chance to hear the new 4 audiophile model - final beta version, and it is really, really good.

A little history:  I have been using the Empire Spartan for quite a while now, and while I really like them a lot I have always thought that they were missing a little something.  I think it might be called air or maybe atmosphere, and I also feel (to me) the sound is shifted downward to the bass end a little too much for my taste.

I am not a reviewer, but here are my initial thoughts.

The first thing that I remember thinking when I first heard them  “Clarity” 

The second thing I thought was that the bass might be very slightly elevated for me.  Only because I was concentrating on this area due to my Spartans.   It is pretty slight but I notice it.  If you know the Spartan bass you will find these about the same level but clearer.  The clarity makes a big difference here.

Treble:  I like the open feel.  It is not bright and it doesn’t seem rolled off – this is really about perfect for me.  You can hear the light strikes of the cymbals and other things in the background that seem smoothed over (not as noticed?) with my Spartans.  This is one area that gives me that clarity that I have been looking for.  Piano and cymbals sound correct to me with these.  I also did not hear any sibilance (sp) during my time with them.

Mids:  Perfect to me.  Seriously.  They sit right where I want them.  The mids have just the right amount of body and richness.  They are not too warm, not too thin, not recessed.  Very good here.  This is also one of the areas that has great clarity.  You can just hear right into the details, the vocals, and nothing is smoothed over.

The Bass:  Maybe slightly elevated – slightly (all a matter of personal preference here).  I'll bet most people would find it spot on but I am a little bass sensitive.  It is very clean and dynamic.  Drums sound awesome, they actually sound like drums.  Bass guitar – yes please.  The bass must be reined in quite a bit because it has the ability to really kick when called upon. 

I must note that these were someone else's customs and were not a perfect fit.  I did get a good seal but I am not sure how far in I got them which could change the sound somewhat.  I feel it should be pretty close though.

I really like these a lot.  I want to hear the UERR and the new 13's before I buy ........  It's gunna take a really good showing to top these.

Apr 10, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #340 of 522
So I've got the CMVK for some days and it's been fun. However, I'm not happy with the midrange and vocals here. I'm not surprised. But I think I will return it for either the RSM or the new Spire. I wanted to find out if the bass of the RSM feels like it lacks.

If you can, try silver cable as tf1216 mentioned. If won't do the trick for you, go for Spire.

Apr 10, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #342 of 522
Enjoying the new 4 impressions. Sounds like something I'd really enjoy.

You're making me so excited. Mine should reach me either today or tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back