Alclair RSM Quad Custom In-Ear Monitor Impressions Thread [ These are REALLY worth checking out ]
Jul 21, 2015 at 10:45 PM Post #196 of 522
i have the RSM and im not sure how the RE400 sound but they should not even be close in sound, a 650 dollar CIEM to a 79 dollar IEM. I can tell you that the RSM is like nothing you have ever heard with a good source, they sound amazing.

A very BIG +1!!!

Jul 22, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #197 of 522
Not to muddy this up with the re400, but I have heard demo's that were over 10x the re400 price that I didn't care for.  Same for the Westone 30 and a Sony multi driver - didn't care for those.  It is not a money thing - it is a sound thing.  I don't doubt the RSM is totally awesome - that is why it is on my radar.  Just not a lot of comparisons out there.

Jul 22, 2015 at 7:19 PM Post #198 of 522
^
I have/had a lot of IEMs and a few headphones so i do agree with what you said partly, but i will just about guarantee these would be about some of the best things you have heard. Also, a lot of IEMs and headphones are source dependent, some will sound great with one DAP while not so much with a different one.  I have a VERY strong connection admiration for my JVC 850s as well and they are half the price.

Jul 22, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #199 of 522
Ok - I give :)    JK     I have decided to drive a few hours to Nashville to hear these sometime in the next month or two, and try Hattie B's chicken.  I have some vacation days to burn anyhow.  I know the demo's won't be a perfect match, but I will get the picture. 

side topic - I'm leaning toward the new X5 - any reason to go for the AK jr?

Jul 22, 2015 at 9:48 PM Post #200 of 522
  Ok - I give :)    JK     I have decided to drive a few hours to Nashville to hear these sometime in the next month or two, and try Hattie B's chicken.  I have some vacation days to burn anyhow.  I know the demo's won't be a perfect match, but I will get the picture. 

side topic - I'm leaning toward the new X5 - any reason to go for the AK jr?

i will get my Jr tomorrow so i will let you know how that sounds. I do like the sound of the RSMs with my Fiio X5 classic but i want to try ultra portable hence the Jr.
On another note Im lucky enough to live 10 minutes from the main office of Alclair where they are made and have meet the owners how are extremely nice. they jave the CKM5s for the same price as the RSMs if you like a lot of bass.

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #202 of 522
Will Alclair be at RMAF 15?  

Jul 25, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #204 of 522
Jul 25, 2015 at 3:39 PM Post #206 of 522
With a new 8 Driver?!?!?!?

I know for a fact that the 6 driver is done, or at least Mark had one done for himself and it was a final one. he tried it out with my DX90 and X5, he preferred the DX90, as I do to, and now my AK Jr.

Does Marc have universals for the 6, did you have a chance to try them? Jealous, well at least till next winter, of your proximity to Alclair:wink:.

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #207 of 522
Mark had a Custom one made for him, I don't want to speak for him but he said they would be both available sometime in August. Don't hold me to that as problems could arise, Im sure Tyler may know more. If you are asking how close Proximity wise, I am only 10 miles from Alclair so I've been there a few times. Great place with awesome owners!

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #208 of 522
Yes, love dealing with Marc (or is it Mark) and Amy, great people! I am really looking forward to the 8!!!!

Jul 25, 2015 at 3:58 PM Post #209 of 522
As far as I know both new customs are not fully complete. The 6 is very close. I am going to beg Marc to allocate resources to finish the 8-driver on time for CanJam. Camping out at Alclair over the weekends is an idea until it's done :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back