Alclair Electro 6-Driver Electrostatic Hybrid Custom In-Ear Monitor
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #17 of 79
Thank you for the very detailed impressions, Daniel! Your explanation of reference bass is very much appreciated. I’m really going to have to mull this one over. Arrggh!

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #18 of 79
Could this be a step up from Hidition NT-6?

If I remember correctly, there are two variations of the NT-6: A more neutral, reference-tuned version and a v-shaped version. If the one you have is the neutral version, the Electro would certainly be a natural step-up from it. It has a clear tone tuned for maximum detail retrieval and air, so it very much fits the NT-6 profile. But, the electrostatic drivers (and advancing BA tech in general) have given it a boost in performance. So, if you're looking for an NT-6 upgrade, the Electro would certainly fit the bill.

Thank you for the very detailed impressions, Daniel! Your explanation of reference bass is very much appreciated. I’m really going to have to mull this one over. Arrggh!

You're welcome! It's a really enjoyable IEM that I think the majority of people will love. Diehard vocal lovers and bassheads may find some to be desired, but everyone else should definitely have a crack at it if they get the chance. :D

Nov 23, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #20 of 79
This looks like an item up my acoustic alley. Hoo boy, maybe this will be my first set of made-for-me customs. Wish they would make these as universals, but nothing is perfect.

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #22 of 79
Argh, can't decide if I should pull the trigger on these!

They charge $250 for reshelling during ownership transfer.

It's also 30% off.

But it looks like it's going to have some bass weakness. Might be important for your own personal tastes and music choices. Or if you're a bassist or drummer.

Still, it has a transformer integrated, so there's no need for an external one, a la KSE1200/KSE1500. Which means you still get electrostatics in your ears.

So it's got that going for it. Which is nice.

Nov 24, 2018 at 12:33 PM Post #23 of 79
I’ve read @Deezel177 ’s impressions over and over and it does suit my preference. I’m not a basshead by any means, but I do appreciate accurate representation of bass and some sub-bass rumble. I’m actually more of a treble guy. With the discount and factoring in the ownership transfer cost I could take a chance on these on still not take a big hit if I decided to sell them.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2018 at 1:46 PM Post #24 of 79
Not a basshead myself, which is likely why I like the Flares, but I'm in agreement with you.

Only challenge is to actually find a buyer IF you decide to sell them.

Nov 24, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #27 of 79
I own a pair of the Electros and I wouldn’t call them bass light. If you have heard a large panel speaker like a planar or an electrostatic you are aware of their speed. You might also be aware of the multitude of threads where owners try to pair subwoofers with their panels.

I feel the bass in the Electro nails it because it’s fast and with snap. I think if it was done any other way it would have detracted from the sound of upper midrange and high frequencies. The Electro is a special earphone especially at the price. If you are a true audiophile I would say it’s the epitome of in-ears right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back