AKG's new K872?
Jan 5, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #271 of 642
​Keep us informed.

I'm tempted to try these as a partner to my LG V20 phone.  I know it seems odd, but this phone has a high output (1.8V rms) and sounds pretty decent.  I like my Sines, but if there's a better closed headphone out there...
At 36 ohms and 112 db sensitivity they play out of my iPhone 6S pretty well and don't sound half bad to be sure better than any other can I have. With that said soo much better out of the QP1R more of just about everything but the phone surprised how good they sounded.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:14 PM Post #272 of 642
I assume the ethers are the ones with the better mids right?
I'm going to get back to you on that one with more time I'm think my brain could be changing how I feel about them. Still need a bit more time to decide on that. One thing is more bass have to listen to some things with good sub bass to see if they can match the C's in that realm.

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #273 of 642
I'm going to get back to you on that one with more time I'm think my brain could be changing how I feel about them. Still need a bit more time to decide on that. One thing is more bass have to listen to some things with good sub bass to see if they can match the C's in that realm.

cool, I look forward to seeing how your impressions change

Jan 5, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #274 of 642
cool, I look forward to seeing how your impressions change
Yes I have a little more than a hour on them not sure if they need some burn in or not the C's definitely changed after over 150 hours. My ears are a little all over the place right now as I got my Stax SRM1 MK2 amp and Stax connector put on the ESP 950 extension cable so having to decided what gets the headtime good problem to have though: )

Jan 6, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #275 of 642
Mids are better the soundstage is a tad smaller .

That 872 soundstage opened up for me quite a bit after 100 hours, I'd say it beats Ether C's now.

Jan 6, 2017 at 12:12 PM Post #276 of 642
That 872 soundstage opened up for me quite a bit after 100 hours, I'd say it beats Ether C's now.
That's what I wanted to hear thanks.

Jan 12, 2017 at 9:40 PM Post #277 of 642
I think these are keepers. The sound is opening up or I'm getting use to the signature whichever they are really good.

Jan 12, 2017 at 10:44 PM Post #278 of 642
I want to try these.

Over the boarder in Hong Kong is a headphone buyer's paradise: so many shops demonstrating every model you can think of.

I've been told by one of the best shops this model is not coming to Hong Kong.

Anywhere to demo this in UK or Seattle?

Jan 16, 2017 at 9:01 PM Post #279 of 642
My battery died on the QP1R so switched to my iPhone 6S plus and they sound good from the phone also by no means as good but not bad at all. With every hour on them the soundstage is getting better. I thought the Ether C's had great soundstage for a closed back can but the 872 is much better.

Jan 21, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #281 of 642
I'm starting to love them more by the day.

Jan 23, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #285 of 642
I've got a new cable coming in the mail today...wanted something shorter with a 3.5mm plug on the end, so I ordered a five-footer from www.thecablepro.com.  I've used his stuff in the past and have been very happy--Ted's a good guy that builds nice stuff.
If you don't mind me asking what was the price? I would make my own but can't find the connector anywhere. The stock cable is $145 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back