AKG Q701 Vs. AKG K702 | Comparison & Review
Sep 25, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #361 of 427
Quote:
we went through this before in the past. lol
its at 10gain. i tried 18gain. i guess my preference volume is different from normal people.
and can you try the test track i linked and tell me your volume knob of ur m stage with q701 and ms2?

Oh
tongue_smile.gif
.  Well I know a lot of people (myself included) get the +18 and +10 confused as the label colors look backwards.

The majority of my music has replay gain tags so it's all a similiar volume, and most of the time with the HRT and M-Stage the volume hovers around 12 to 1 o'clock with my Q701.

That track you linked is a little bit louder so it'd be more like 11 for me.

Oct 1, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #363 of 427
Quote:
if i play brown noise at 11 o clock position on my m stage i can see the drivers on my k701 move a little.

but not as much as this xb500 on this video.

heres where i got the brown noise file
http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk/testwavs/

Brown noise? I prefer green noise and it seems to burn my Q701 in about 15% faster (based on my calculations).
Green noise also reduces your carbon footprint by .001%

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #369 of 427
Hey there, will the astro mixamp be able to drive the Akg q701 for gaming? I noticed that the output on the mixamp is 32 ohms per channel (64 altogether?) so there should be no problem right?

If I do buy these, I would also need a mic. Although the ant lion modmic is of superb quality, I don't like the fact that the base of the mod mic will be going on these $250+ headphones. Any recommendations for mics?

Oct 12, 2012 at 9:37 PM Post #370 of 427
Quote:
Btw, why are some Q701 equipped with green and some with black cable? Are there two different revisions?

Don't think so.  Just different color cables.

Quote:
Hey there, will the astro mixamp be able to drive the Akg q701 for gaming? I noticed that the output on the mixamp is 32 ohms per channel (64 altogether?) so there should be no problem right?
If I do buy these, I would also need a mic. Although the ant lion modmic is of superb quality, I don't like the fact that the base of the mod mic will be going on these $250+ headphones. Any recommendations for mics?

I would try it first without an amp if you don't already have one.  Some people get enough volume without one, but others want more and add an amp later.

The modmic IS the best recommendation IMO.  It's what I use with my Q701.  I wouldn't worry about it damaging the headphones, it's just a little sticky adhesive.  Worst case scenario is you have to wipe the headphones with a little rubbing alcohol if you remove it.

Dec 22, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #372 of 427
Dec 22, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #373 of 427
I just posted in the advice thread asking about the Q701. Since it is already being discussed here, maybe someone can lend me some advice.

Im looking for a pair of open back headphones because im craving the large soundstage that is associated with the Q701, and for $230 on Amazon they fall right in my price range. It seems like this is a good fit in terms of price but I'm still wavering. Is the general consensus a recommendation on these?

I have an NFB-12 I would be running them off of. I listen to all sorts of music and realize they will be better with some genres.

Thanks.

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #374 of 427
Quote:
I just posted in the advice thread asking about the Q701. Since it is already being discussed here, maybe someone can lend me some advice.

Im looking for a pair of open back headphones because im craving the large soundstage that is associated with the Q701, and for $230 on Amazon they fall right in my price range. It seems like this is a good fit in terms of price but I'm still wavering. Is the general consensus a recommendation on these?

I have an NFB-12 I would be running them off of. I listen to all sorts of music and realize they will be better with some genres.

Thanks.

It sounds like you may have answered you're own question...

Dec 22, 2012 at 2:52 AM Post #375 of 427
Yeah I guess if I'm being honest with myself I don't really have a question, I just psych myself before I buy stuff  
frown.gif

I fell like I've researched these enough, but was more or less confirming I didn't overlook anything blatantly negative. From your response, It looks like I did not. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back