AKG Q701 in GREEN. question for you owners out there.
Jul 28, 2011 at 3:43 PM Post #61 of 68
$285 w/ free shipping a couple of months ago from J&R.

Question:  How can my Total Airhead drive the Q701's?  It's such a mystery. 
devil_face.gif

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #63 of 68

Quote:
A coworker of mine just got some black ones for under 300USD from Amazon. We weren't surprised to see the green cable but we were surprised to see the green stitching on the headband. We didn't catch that in the pictures online. They sound to me like my K171 on steroids. Similar midrange sounds with more bass and more treble extension... wider and more detailed. They run from a NuForce Icon HD, which seems to match perfectly to these. I'm jealous and want some.

Besides the color differences, isn't it the Q701 the exact same headphone as the K701?

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:01 PM Post #64 of 68

Quote:

Besides the color differences, isn't it the Q701 the exact same headphone as the K701?

I have the Q's and I had a chance to listen to the K's this week.  There seems to be a bit better bass in the Q's, it is hard to tell honestly.  It may just be more impact in the low MID bass range giving that impression. They do play pretty deep, heard but not felt like some HF. 

Honestly it was hard to tell as both only have about 60-70 hours on them, so for AKG 7's that is not enough time. 

Overall they seem to be the same everywhere else, detailed and open.

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #65 of 68
The green causes an increase in the bass placebo effect.

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #66 of 68
Did a little research, and the impedance and sensitivity are evidently the same.

Here is the FR graph for whatever it's worth:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back