AKG K812 serious design flaw
Jul 15, 2014 at 7:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

ceroyu

New Head-Fier
I was in China in April 2014 to buy a AKG's k812 headphones, serial number 001512 U.S. line price is 8988 yuan. Personal is very popular AKG products, tuning it to my liking. Did little to help 812 in jars talking on the headset can also be said to be a plus cherish it. 

However, the fact that this headset though k812 has a good quality. But the quality of a mess. Just use two months, not to speak of the right ear. I usually use very carefully, not when they are back in the closet. But usually is not too much to listen to. Internet search information and other purchase 812 users communicate that, k812 has a serious design flaw, and the unit is in the middle of the headphone frame joints, the joints because of design problems, sealing off very easily, I do not know later k812 is to improve the problem, but the early batch of k812 this problem is very serious, a lot of users have encountered this problem, and even some few months repaired three times. 

I had sent email to akg headquarters before the results were forwarded to the e-mail Harman China, no matter how intense the words you seek maintenance channels, Harman's reply is short, contact your dealer. As headphone design flaws and other problems with my not and will not bother to ask. Attitude can be said to be extremely arrogant. 
This time I think basically have no further contact akg hope, so third-party repair it simply, nothing with it. Taobao stores contact with it, inform the maintenance costs for a total of $ 260. Okay then repair it, we can not let this headset hit the hands when hands to do it. 
But start but is a nightmare to find a third-party maintenance, repairs a week basic speed is very fast and good luck to get sent over. Unpacking an instant brother was completely dumbfounded. Chat, this amendment is to put the headset when the headset bicycle repair. A multi-1W headphones, so brutally ravaged. 
Various cracks, traces of various screws. . . . . . 

Headset indeed repaired, because the cell repair is not normal, seemingly is no problem listening. But, after all, is the flagship akg home ah, I said. . . . . Various speechless. . . . . 
Alert you intend to buy k812 buyers, if you buy a k812 this position basically bad possibilities is quite large. If there is no practical ability and do not want to repair, then back and forth. Or carefully select it. The Harman service is abysmal.

Jul 15, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #4 of 9
Post in Chinese and I can help translate....

Jul 15, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:mblibm
  Mam liczbę 1939, również uległy uszkodzeniu prawego ucha, w tej chwili jest w naprawie

Translation:- I have a number of 1939 also damaged the right ear at the moment is under repair

Jul 15, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #7 of 9
  Translation:- I have a number of 1939 also damaged the right ear at the moment is under repair

спасибо за перевод на английский язык

Dec 6, 2015 at 3:35 PM Post #9 of 9
Does anyone know where I can send my K812 for repair? The connector (where the wire plugs in) is cutting out. I am in Canada and these are out of warranty. I have contacted a few Canadian dealers who haven't been any help....also contacted the "distributor" but no reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back