AKG K812(?) Professional Headphones - coming soon
Oct 4, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #511 of 745
  If it were that easy - then yes. But that's not that simple. Our head is not stupid.

You only have one chance:
You can eat your steak with three sauces until the cook tells them that steak. But you can also eat steak.

ofc it's not that stupid and a you used a FOOD example :D u may not have known I was a cullinary Student years ago

let me share the gospel of food to headphone imagery

HIGH end headphones should be like a Prime Beef Tenderloin, the texture is flaw less, the marbleing is perfect, melts in the mouth yet... the taste... is... very much like a blank canvas surround by a beautiful Oak Picture Frame, there are hints of the beef, but the flavor is very VERY pure. The Nuances are perfect.  when you pair that Tenderloin with the right vairety of Wine and Sauces [or in this case Dacs and Amps] what you get is pure magic unlike anything else! And the brain know's the differance. 

That said, IMO TOTL headphones should be like that steak, flawless As texture and mouth feel of meat... depends purely on the quality of the cut and the marbleing. Any idiot can make a steak taste good, but your need the right cut and the right skills to get the right mouth feel! To get the Nuances you need Tenderloin, but you need to match it with the perfect wine and sauce! Other wise you'll only get the nuances and you'll miss the taste 

Flavor, like music, is composed of multiple elements. Taste, Mouth Feel, Texture, Smell and visuals. So a headphone should have the perfect, mouth feel, the perfect smell, and teh perfect texture, as those elements are the hardest to correct, the hardest to present perfectly.

Again that said, for ME the SOUL of my music is enriched by the Source and Amp that enhance the Headphones natrual qualities, 

I want the k812 to be like that steak, perfect in nunances, NOT like a Hamburger which... just tastes good! [and don't get me wrong I LOVE me some Hamburgers :3]

Now you want to talk food and music bro. Come at meh ;3

Oct 4, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #513 of 745
Michaelxray could be my Brother???:)hahahhaha

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #514 of 745
  lol.. imagine if these use the same drivers as either K550 or K712. Just with a different enclosure for different sound signature >.>

Maybe AKG finally made a metal version of the K7xx series?

Will be interesting to see what the price of these really settle at, and if its worth it.

The aesthetics are growing on me though.
But they dont seem like the aesthetics of a $1500 headphone.

I personally dont care how they look like... What I do care for is that not so great-looking (p)leather and rather small cups =/ I dont see them beating HD800's soundstage tbh...

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #515 of 745
Michaelxray could be my Brother???
smily_headphones1.gif

I thought you're Patrick82's sister, LOL 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:04 PM Post #516 of 745

I personally dont care how they look like... What I do care for is that not so great-looking (p)leather and rather small cups =/ I dont see them beating HD800's soundstage tbh...

Indeed :/, going back to the HD700... I saw they where 40mm drivers and I laughed... you can't seriously sell ME a $1000 headphone with 40mm drivers... 

I'm worried these too might be smaller than the HD 800... which would be a bad thing 

I've always found more calrity in larger drivers than smaller... 

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #517 of 745

Indeed :/, going back to the HD700... I saw they where 40mm drivers and I laughed... you can't seriously sell ME a $1000 headphone with 40mm drivers... 

I'm worried these too might be smaller than the HD 800... which would be a bad thing 

I've always found more calrity in larger drivers than smaller... 

Driver diameter = indicative of driver performance? think not.

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:23 PM Post #518 of 745

Driver diameter = indicative of driver performance? think not.

True enough but how many TOTL cans do we see with small drivers? But the reality is though, bigger drivers produce a more realistic Sub Bass 

Oct 4, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #520 of 745
  The design looks on the low cost/end side, I hope they got a new drivers. Any specs around?

yea that's what I am afriad of. Sadly the Sony MDR XB400 and 900 where not all that better over thier predicessors. High numbers... yet not so much quality 

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #521 of 745
Oct 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #523 of 745

Anyone else notice we're playing these from iphones and portable devices? That's a little concerning, tbh.

Oh yea that's right good point! I mean nothing says HI FI like... "DOES not need an amp"

Speaking of which the ATH L3000 has it's own amp :O [must have it NOW q.q] 

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:41 PM Post #524 of 745
I think THIS Phones can Play very well with an Amp and with portable devices!

Oct 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #525 of 745
That video makes me nervous.  Not looking good as of now.  Then again akg fb page DOES put pictures of famous people pretending to be rocking out to Q701s right out of an iphone so who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back