AKG K812 Pro
Mar 19, 2014 at 3:42 AM Post #2,056 of 4,826
I've been listening to a ton of music with the 812 and the Lehmann Audio Linear SE. Now that things have really settled in, I'm now realizing the full potential and promise of the AKG K812. Right now I'm listening to a wonderful remastered recording go Bassist Brian Bromberg's, "It's about Time" cd, featuring Freddie Hubbard on trumpet and Ernie a Watts on sax. This is an all acoustic affair. Big, wide well produced soundstage. Instruments sound truly lifelike. Bass is very deep, with a solid sense of depth and space. The piano sounds utterly superb, the trumpet and sax rip, roar and soar. The drum not only sounds big and powerful, but you can feel it. This is everything Zi hoped for and expected on the 812. I tried this same cd with my 812,(which also pairs extremely well with the Lehmann), but it just couldn't deliver thr speaker like performance and presentation of the K813. No contest on this one!
Earlier I feasted on the superb , newly released 40th anniversary recording of Elvis, Recorded Live in Memphis. This was beautifully remastered, and the Presley band,( 30 musicians altogether) roared to life on this 1974 concert performance.
Elvis's voice was in peak form. Every element of the band, from orchestra to backup singers, was presented in great detail. The K812 delivered up the full Elvis Presley Show damn near as if I was there. Great performance and cd, rendered in superb fashion by the 812. No tizzyness, no harshness, and no distortion on any level I could detect, just pure musical bliss.

+1

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:23 AM Post #2,057 of 4,826
I am so excited! I won the Toxic Cables contest for 6000th post on the Toxic Cables Appreciation Thread. Frank offered me anything I wanted in Black Widow. I opted for a BW that will fit my 812. And it's now ready! It's in 4 wire 22 AWG: the other cables available only come in 3 wire. Here are the photos:

That's one killer of a cable!

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #2,058 of 4,826
  That's one killer of a cable!

Yup! I have used it for LCDs and on HD 800. Now I'm going to use it for the AKG. I like mine as a 8 footer to suit my desktop rig. 

Frank actually has a sibling of my cable in 6 feet ready at hand. He forgot I wanted mine in 8 feet. So, he now has one for instant delivery: there's no need for the usual 6 week waiting period. 
atsmile.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:11 PM Post #2,061 of 4,826
I am so excited! I won the Toxic Cables contest for 6000th post on the Toxic Cables Appreciation Thread. Frank offered me anything I wanted in Black Widow. I opted for a BW that will fit my 812. And it's now ready! It's in 4 wire 22 AWG: the other cables available only come in 3 wire. Here are the photos:

Thanks for sharing the pictures mate.

I even used my big girl to model the thicker cable 
biggrin.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #2,062 of 4,826
Is that a real snake?

Better not ship a real snake to one of your customers rather then the cable itself...they'd gonna be in for a big surprise. Ohh look ma, ma cable is moving!

Mar 19, 2014 at 8:48 PM Post #2,067 of 4,826
Just as long as the headphone jack isn't poison tipped!

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #2,068 of 4,826
Mar 20, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #2,070 of 4,826
So, how are your long awaited new cables working out? Can you describe the difference you hear from the stock 812 cable?

Don't those things have to be burned in for, like, 400 hours? 
tongue.gif
  Seriously, though, congrats and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back