AKG K702 static...
Mar 1, 2011 at 7:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

PinkFlag

Head-Fier
I just bought a new pair of AKG K702's along with an Auzentech X-Fi Forte sound card. Whenever I play music, a static sound is emitted from the headphones. If anyone has any insight on this, that would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers.

Mar 1, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #2 of 9
Are you using the front panel headphone jack or the headphone jack on the sound card itself? Sometimes you could get annoying statics when using the front panel jack on the case due to a bad cable or a faulty jack. 

Mar 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM Post #5 of 9
I checked my speakers and it seems there is static being produced through them as well. So, it's not the headphones. It has to be something pertaining to the computer itself. My motherboard, sound card AND headphones are all brand new! I don't get it! :| 

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #6 of 9
Drivers?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #8 of 9
Hi guys, I am thinking about buying a K702 too...but I am still struggling with which upgrade cable should I get!
My friend told me that the one from ALO is pretty good, but it seems that the price is a bit out my budget;
are there any other good recommendations for me?

Mar 5, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #9 of 9
I just picked these (k702) up today... they sound GREAT! but yes, upgraded cable recommendations would be wonderful as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back