AKG K702 Impressions.
Jun 24, 2009 at 3:34 AM Post #16 of 636
Just ordered the K 702, so I can see for myself what the controversy is all about.

Jun 24, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #18 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just ordered the K 702, so I can see for myself what the controversy is all about.

Burn in 300 hours, and then you can see
k701smile.gif

Jun 24, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #19 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyriel0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a new amp on the way so in about two weeks or so you could borrow one of my ph100's to test out for a couple weeks. You have to pay for all the shipping though lol.

YGPM

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:20 AM Post #20 of 636
My K702's arrived in the mail just today, along with a Headroom Micro Desktop DAC. Woo Audio WA6 is being made and will arrive later.

Right at this moment, I'm listening to the Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" in 96 KHz 24 bit DVD Audio. It's coming out of a SoundBlaster Audigy into a little Logitech 5.1 speaker set headphone jack. Not exactly ideal conditions and not a drop of the much touted burn-in, but it sounds phenomenal. The acoustic guitars on "Friend of the Devil" have turned into a nearly entirely different song that is so much better than what I'm used to. Can't wait to hear the amp.

Jun 25, 2009 at 10:39 PM Post #22 of 636
I was listening to Clapton's Unplugged album and it is absolutely amazing.

Jun 26, 2009 at 11:59 PM Post #23 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn in 300 hours, and then you can see
k701smile.gif

Noted, my friend, thanks.

Jun 27, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #24 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by CandlePower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My K702's arrived in the mail just today, along with a Headroom Micro Desktop DAC. Woo Audio WA6 is being made and will arrive later.

Right at this moment, I'm listening to the Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" in 96 KHz 24 bit DVD Audio. It's coming out of a SoundBlaster Audigy into a little Logitech 5.1 speaker set headphone jack. Not exactly ideal conditions and not a drop of the much touted burn-in, but it sounds phenomenal. The acoustic guitars on "Friend of the Devil" have turned into a nearly entirely different song that is so much better than what I'm used to. Can't wait to hear the amp.

The WA6 will transform them into a new beast. They excell with good tube amplifiction and synergy. My Bada12/DAC 1/701 combo was a very euphoric combintion.

Jun 30, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #25 of 636
Well the K702's have 240 hours that I have put on them. I would guess they had about at least 50 hours on them when I got them. So they are probably close to the 300 hour mark. They sound much more open, they have smoothed out too, I am really enjoying them even more. They are starting to almost sound better than my speaker setup which I never thought I would ever reach in headphones.

Jun 30, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #27 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, the K702 remind me the sound of the Adams monitors, ::ADAM::professional Audio::

Hmm I have never heard those monitors. I am more into home stereo than studio recording. I am using a pair of Vintage Polk Audio SDA 2b's, they are hooked up to a Cayin MT-88MKII Tube Integrated. They sound amazing and have been my reference way of listening to music, however the K702's are starting to become a very good competitor.

Jun 30, 2009 at 3:42 PM Post #28 of 636
I use the K702 with my Millett MiniMAX.. I find them quite detailed and enjoyable. In fact, I'm wishing I wasn't at work right now so I could sit back, relax, and put on Clapton's Unplugged, just like someone posted above.

Jun 30, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #29 of 636
Quote:

Originally Posted by crazyeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was listening to Clapton's Unplugged album and it is absolutely amazing.

Clapton is extremely anal about his recording quality (which is great) and always makes sure the best production possible is put into it. That's what he claims at least. I love his recordings and his music, but there are even better ones out there. If you want to hear an excellent one that is far from clipping and even pretty soft by today's standards, listen to Chris Rea's The Road To Hell. It's one of my favorite albums to listen to.

Jun 30, 2009 at 10:38 PM Post #30 of 636
I checked out that Chris Rea album I like it. Thanks for the recommendation Phil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back