akg k701 ordered :)
Jan 4, 2006 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 94

RnB180

Member of the Trade: RnB Audio
called up B&H photo and got a really good price quote,
but they are special order and told me it can take 1-2 weeks for it to arrive at the store and another week to ship them to me.

I hope these are the correct headphones as I had to ask the operator
"are you sure we are talking about the A..K...G... 701's?" because I didnt believe the quote he gave me could be for the 701s

so what initially was just a price inquiry became a sale on the spot.

sure enough my email response says akg k701 reference headphones. looks like the akgs are dropping in street value already? or maybe its just that they are now more widely available so initial early bird prices will be dropping?

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 94
call B&H and ask them for a quote.
biggrin.gif

anyone know how reliable B&H is as a retailer?

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:16 PM Post #4 of 94
Good luck. Ive heard that North America will not be receiving anymore shipments of K701's till Febuary 2006....

I wouldnt be surprised when B&H phones you back with that information, or if they phone you back at all. Their customer service is the craps.

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 94
got your pm.

Yup, it's a great price....the best preorder price I've seen so far.

I guess B&H is still subject to the same supply problems as everybody else though....I would not expect B&H to get the AKG's any sooner than anybody else (since it's AKG's production line that's the problem)....unless they have first priority because they are a larger vendor

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #6 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
got your pm.

Yup, it's a great price....the best preorder price I've seen so far.

I guess B&H is still subject to the same supply problems as everybody else though....I would not expect B&H to get the AKG's any sooner than anybody else (since it's AKG's production line that's the problem)

Why can't you say the price???

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:23 PM Post #7 of 94
It's not my place....if the OP didn't want to post the price, I'm not going to mention it.

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by RnB180
called up B&H photo and got a really good price quote,

If youre having a tough time finding any B&H has a good price if you call them. but they are special order and told me it can take 1-2 weeks for it to arrive at the store and another week to ship them to me.

I hope these are the correct headphones as I had to ask the operator
"are you sure we are talking about the A..K...G... 701's?" because I didnt believe the quote he gave me could be for the 701s

so what initially was just a price inquiry became a sale on the spot.

sure enough my email response says akg k701 reference headphones. looks like the akgs are dropping in street value already? or maybe its just that they are now more widely available so initial early bird prices will be dropping?

First: you are a beautiful girl.
Second: the 701 is the king of headphone.

Regards
S.

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:27 PM Post #10 of 94
alright I'll be the guinea pig and post how the experience goes with the sale.
Im hoping that since the AKGs are new, and no one really goes to B&H for them, That they may have stock from initial shipments. Thats what I am hoping
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:28 PM Post #11 of 94
B&H's price quote for the k701's is $286. With AKG's parts supply issues though I wouldn't expect to see them before February. Maybe even later since it's a special order item for B&H.

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:30 PM Post #12 of 94
RnB180 will probably be the first around here to re-cable and re-terminate the K701's.

Enjoy them!!
icon10.gif

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:35 PM Post #14 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by busta
RnB180 will probably be the first around here to re-cable and re-terminate the K701's.

Enjoy them!!
icon10.gif

assuming that the 701s are just built in similar assembly as the 271s.

I might recable my pair when it arrives. Id rather not however, depending on the mood Im in when they arrive. Id be scared to open up such pricey headphones however.

the akg harwire recable is a tough cookie, the headphones are designed to take apart everything for a recable

akg3.jpg

akg2.jpg

Jan 4, 2006 at 8:36 PM Post #15 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
B&H's price quote for the k701's is $286. As others have mentioned though I would expect to see them before february.

Hmm... B&H sells grey market photo gear, appropriately labeled, for a better price than that which comes through approved US distribution channels. I've never checked out their audio stuff... Is it possible that these phones fall in that category? That would explain the price - and leaves open the possibility of delivery occuring sooner - or later - than those arriving at the authorized distributor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back