AKG k701 + Little Dot 1+?
May 3, 2009 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

RonMiller1

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone tried this combo? I tried searching but nothing came up. I already have the +1 for my Grados and plan on getting the 701's soon. A new amp is out of my budget for a couple months so I was hoping this would sound decent enough to hold me over.

May 3, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #2 of 3
In the brief time that I had the combo, I thought the match was only okay. The I+ had a sound signature that complimented the K701 nicely (i.e. a little more liquid and warm), but to my ears this sound signature came at the cost of a great deal of refinement and the K701 lost a lot of detail, and more importantly, lost a lot of the soundstage and imaging that make them so special (this was all relative to the Little Dot MKV I had at the time). The I+ is cute though...

May 4, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 3
That's somewhat what I expected to hear. I should note also that my setup is the ONLY setup I've ever listened to.

Even though using the 1+ won't be getting their full potential, the AKGs would still have a larger soundstage then my 325i's right? I'm pretty much wanting to use them for classical/Jazz only, and my Grados for everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back